I blogged!

I realized today that I have not been blogging much lately.  Let's face it, I never blogged all that much.  Sometimes it feels like a chore, or like a bad homework assignment where I can't seem to get started.  That's probably why my first try at blogging years ago failed.  So I sat down tonight to write a new post and I came up with nada.

Don't get me wrong, I like having a blog - it's a place to capture moments that are worth remembering and share them with friends.  But I will be the first to admit that I am not a very good blogger, as I don't often have any sort of theme or actual purpose for blogging and I'm not very creative or witty.  Only when something happens in my life that seems largely notable do I think to capture it here.  Engagement, wedding, vacations...  And I suppose that's ok.  Afterall, they are moments that I want to remember.

I think I like reading other people's blogs even more - friends and strangers alike.  There are some incredible writers out there, some amazing stories, and some really interesting information to share.  It sometimes gets me through my day at work, when I need just a short break from insanity.  Jon thinks I'm crazy to sit and read strangers' blogs, but I find it intriguing.  It's like people-watching, only way better because you get a front row seat into their lives.  And cheaper than a trip to the mall.

Anyways, it's probably for the best that I leave the good blogging to other people with more interesting things to say than me - or I'd be filling this post with things like how we spent our Friday night trying out new golf clubs at Golf Galaxy for two hours.  Sounds like fun, eh?  I guess to our golf geek selves it was.  But, I'll spare you the details.

Hmph. I think this might be the most meaningless post yet.  But hey - I blogged!

Comments

  1. Dude - I HEAR YA!! I feel the same way - even when I do have something interesting to blog about, it still seems like a chore. It takes a lot of motivation to even get me to push the "new post" button. If I'm going to blog, I have to have at least an hour to devote to it, otherwise it's not even worth doing. There are a few people I follow whom I've never met, and it's kind of a fun way to spend a few minutes here and there...anywho, thanks for blogging! I'm glad someone did it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep doing it though buddy, even if it's just sporadic. :) And I like reading the mundane stuff, especially when it's from my friends! I miss the old days, when we spent every day together, and of course that has changed as we've gotten older, but sharing the everyday stuff is still important, I mean it's what makes up most of our life, whether we want to admit it or not.

    I get that blogging writer's block a lot too, (clearly, judging by my sporadic posting), and I usually find that it's because I'm holding back for some reason or another. When I just start writing, spewing, not worrying about whether or not stuff is interesting for other people, but doing it just for the sake of having an outlet, a way to be creative, then I really enjoy it. When I stress out and think about how I haven't blogged in more than a month, that's when I get writer's block. Thinking about how to get back in there after that long. Trying to think of something that's worthy of writing about.

    Blergh.

    PS Lots of posts coming soon from me! I promise! They are sitting there just waiting to be published...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Winter 2015

Day in the Life - Spring 2013