33
Well, I did it. I turned 33.
Eeek.
Saturday we started my birthday celebration early by going to one of our favorite restaurants - Chianti Grill. They sent me $10 off for my birthday, so we couldn't pass it up. I opted for a delicious panini sandwich instead of my typical ravioli, knowing that we were going to another favorite Italian restaurant on my actual birthday.
And then they brought me creme brulee, thankfully did not sing, and I made my first wish. (If this looks familiar, yes we got this same free dessert 3 weeks earlier for our anniversary).
We then did some major and much needed grocery shopping, where my $64 bill went down to $37.50 after all the coupons I had carefully clipped earlier were applied. Holla!
By the way, this is how we spend our Sunday mornings now. I love it. I clip coupons and Jon checks out the ads for sales and good deals for things we'd like but have no plans to buy unless we become suddenly rich.
Side note: Thank you Mandy for inspiring me to get back into using coupons. It really does make a difference and feels so good to save money!
Side note: Thank you Mandy for inspiring me to get back into using coupons. It really does make a difference and feels so good to save money!
On Sunday we went to Aamodt's Apple Farm. It turned out to be one of the most gorgeous fall days yet, and I went crazy with my camera. It was great. I was sad that the trees hadn't started changing much yet (so unlike this time last year), but it didn't stop me from taking over 80 photos that day. Not sure what I'll do with all the photos, but I won't bore you with them.
The place was a zoo, crawling with children everywhere, so after I took every possible photo of the apple trees and grape vines, we gobbled up a couple of apple brats, bought a few Honey Crisps and off we went. I really don't enjoy chaotic, crowded places.
The place was a zoo, crawling with children everywhere, so after I took every possible photo of the apple trees and grape vines, we gobbled up a couple of apple brats, bought a few Honey Crisps and off we went. I really don't enjoy chaotic, crowded places.
I took Monday, my actual birthday, off from work, which was a brilliant idea. I met Alicia and Suzi for coffee, as they are both home on Mondays, and Minh and Andrew were my lunch dates. My goal was to enjoy the day off, and also take full advantage of Caribou's free birthday drink offer. I succeeded on both fronts.
I should not, however, have gone on the carousel with Andrew after lunch, and after my second highly caffeinated Caribou drink. I know I get motion sickness, but I did not expect to feel that way after a few measly spins on the carousel! Andrew really enjoyed it, petting the rooster he sat on and waving to his mom, so it was worth it.
I crashed (literally and figuratively) on the couch that afternoon, but rallied by dinner for a delicious Italian meal with hubby. We had a great meal, even better dessert, and all in all, it was a pretty nice day to turn 33.
Here's to hoping this year is my very best yet, because why not?

Sounds like a fantastic birthday to me! Good job on the couponing!
ReplyDelete