26 weeks
25 weeks at Home Depot buying paint for the nursery, and 26 weeks on Madeline Island for a friend's wedding.
26 weeks...and going fast! By this point, baby is nearing 2 pounds and compares to the length of a scallion. His/her hearing is improving fast, and now starts hearing our voices as we talk. Hi baby!
Overall, things are going just fine. Belly is growing, sleep is still mediocre, lots of kicking and movement going on...all fairly normal stuff.
One night last week I was experiencing some pain and discomfort. I honestly felt like the baby was sitting so low that he/she could make an appearance with a wrong move. Clearly I know this wasn't going to happen, but man, this kid could move a bit upwards. The next morning, I fretted because I wasn't feeling the baby move as often as I usually feel in the mornings, and started to worry that the pain I had felt earlier was a sign of something horrible. I patted my belly and wished for the baby to move so I knew he/she was ok. Wouldn't you know, less than a minute later, the baby gave me two hard kicks, harder than I've ever felt. I sighed with relief and had to chuckle. Oh baby, you're in for a lifetime with an overly worried mother. And? Thank you for amusing me.
What else is new? Alicia and I started prenatal yoga, in place of our previous Zumba schedule. I had only been to one yoga class in my life, and I remember feeling incredibly awkward with the slow pace/movements and meditation. I am more of an active cardio-type 'mover and shaker' for sure. However, Alicia swore I'd like this, I didn't like that my active cardio had been only walking, and I really missed my Monday workouts with her, so I dove right into it. It turns out, I like yoga, at least right now at this stage in my life. Breathing and focus, strengthening and stretching, slow paced movements...it's right up my alley. There's nothing like holding a deep squat and breathing through the pain to (sort of) prepare you for labor.
Pregnancy hormones are in full force affecting my emotions, as Jon is my first witness (and usually victim). I cry often, at the silliest things, and become teary-eyed upon reading anything about a new baby. Last week I burst into tears because we weren't ready to assemble the baby's new dresser that day...nothing Jon said or did could make me feel better. My mood can go from hot to cold instantly, and there have been more times these last few months than our entire marriage where I have been a huge crankster and a pill to deal with. Normally I think I am pretty easy-going, even if not always chipper...but these days it's very hard to brush off the irritation or impatience I may feel. Jon is a good sport.
We painted the nursery! It required a couple of coats, but we fortunately had my parents' help with the first coat. I insisted on being in charge of the trim and ceiling, and found the tedious task to be so theraputic and fulfilling. Yeah, I'm weird. Now I can't wait to start filling in the room with the few purchases we have so far, like that dresser I shed many a tear over already.
This last weekend we were up at Madeline Island for my friend Jenna's wedding. Jon and I stopped Thursday night to stay in Hinkley, as we had to be in Bayfield early on Friday and wanted to break up the drive a little. The front desk guy suggested he get us a room close to the elevator and then nodded at my belly. Sure, thanks. Then he asked when I was due. I told him December, and he remarked that "Boy, you are sure showing already for only being that far along." I wasn't terribly surprised, as people seem to make inappropriate comments about pregnancy quite frequently, but his co-worker scolded him, the woman checking in next to us said I should hit him with the shovel he's using to dig himself into the hole he's in, and he apologized. And upgraded us to a room with a jacuzzi tub. Win!
Three months to go, give or take... Woah.

Oh, your posts always make me smile. I've said if before, but I loved feeling the baby move! And the emotional part?! I totally forgot that I too cried over such small things! The hotel guy story made Pat and I laugh. Oh, and I love the pic at Home Depot. Pat and I often joke that it's not a date unless we make a stop there.
ReplyDelete