Annabel - Four months

I forgot how sweet this age is. I mean, look at her? I could just eat her up.


This girl is such a peach. She eats well, sleeps at night well, smiles a lot, doesn't mind car rides, and really doesn't cry unless she's tired or hungry. Or overstimulated. We lucked out in so many ways.

Her cheeks are just so kissable. I really can't stop.

I don't know her stats, as her appointment isn't for another week, but she's clearly thriving. I mean, look at how deliciously giant she looks!

Annabel loves being upright, watching what is going on around her. I've seen her follow Carter around the room with her eyes and offer him a slight smile, and I so wish I knew what she was thinking. Maybe, "Holy cow that kid has energy." Or, "Who is this person and why is he always in my face?" She is still very much adored by Carter, and I really hope that continues for her whole life. (I'm assuming there will be years with some adoration lacking).

I can't remember if Carter was as oral as she is at this age. She puts EVERYTHING in her mouth and chews. Maybe she's teething? Anything in her grasp will go in her mouth, and if her hands are empty, her fists or fingers will do just fine. She gags herself on occasion, but so far hasn't thrown up like her dear older brother does, so I'm hopeful she has not inherited that fun characteristic.

Annabel is so close to rolling. She lifts her legs up and rolls to her side, but can't quite get enough momentum yet for the full roll. She has gone front to back, but I'm pretty sure that was just accidental. She also scoots backwards and in a clock motion with her feet, so I can't leave her unattended on the couch anymore.

Caffeine is not a friend to this girl. I learned the hard way that I can't drink Diet Coke if I want a decent night's sleep. Any caffeine after my morning cup of coffee seems to bother Annabel. Back when she must have been around 7 weeks old I recall having a soda at lunch (very unusual as I was pushing water for milk supply) and we had a horrible night. HORRIBLE. She was awake every hour, fussy, wanting to be held, needing the pacifier, and just super unsettled. I didn't know who this baby was, because the girl I knew would sleep pretty solidly minus 1-2 wake ups to nurse. I decided the soda must have caused it as she was fine every day after that (while I went soda free). Fast forward to two weeks ago, I was craving a fountain soda and decided I'd try it again. Gulp. After being up with her for the 3rd time in an hour I realized I made a serious mistake. No fountain soda is worth the night we had. Even though I love fountain soda. Everything has been fine since then, so she is kicking me of my diet soda habit (which, really, is kind of nice). 

If only she could force me to eat better and exercise more so I can kick these last 20 pounds.

This last month she went to her first water park (in the carrier), met her Great Aunt from Denver, slept 10 hours straight (once), and picked strawberries. (Ok, she slept through that one).
 

She still seems to prefer me, and whips her head around frantically if she hears my voice. It's adorable, and fills me with such joy. But fortunately, she also adores her daddy, grandparents, daycare caretaker, and does fine with others. Provided I'm not in her line of sight. Or she's not hungry. Evenings sure are easier these days. We're all thankful for that.

And that's our sweetheart baby right now.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Winter 2015

Day in the Life - Spring 2013