A Friday night favorite

I can think of no better way to spend a Friday night than curled up on the couch with a hot grilled cheese sandwich, a bowl of hearty tomato soup, a movie, and my man.  Grilled cheese and tomato soup is like comfort food for me - it brings back memories of being a kid, of feeling safe, of having no worries in the world.  And it's so dang delicious!  Being curled up on the couch with a good movie is something I will always enjoy - any day of the week.  And my man?  Well, that's probably obvious. 

My week was more than I cared to handle, but at last Friday had arrived!  I made my trek from Plymouth to Woodbury and was looking forward to making a scrumptious dinner and having a lowkey night.  It did not take me long to remember that it was Lent, so I could not eat the chicken we had set out to thaw.  Urgh.  I scrounged the cupboards for something Lent-acceptable, but we didn't have much to choose from.  I was about to resort to having Jon eat the chicken we had planned for and I would eat buttered noodles (we didn't even have any spaghetti sauce), when he cleverly suggested that we have grilled cheese.  Why didn't I think of that?!  I was pumped.  It could not have lifted my mood any higher.

And so, we curled up on the couch with our hot sandwiches and soup to watch "The Ugly Truth."  (The movie was predictable, but quite funny - a decent Red Box rental).

Overall, it was definitely a Friday night favorite!

Comments

  1. Grilled cheese are delicious and I never think to have them either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...that is totally my lunch tomorrow now. I'm craving a grilled cheese after reading this! Low key movie/dinner nights are always my favorite. Andy and I did Little Caesars and watched the Proposal last night. I've never seen The Ugly Truth though...I'll have to add that to our queue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmm, grilled cheese and tomato soup :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Winter 2015

Day in the Life - Spring 2013