Double digits
The last couple of months have flown by. The weather turned beautiful super early this year for us, and in an instant our schedules doubled/tripled with the endless things nice weather will bring. (Though I could have done without the endless rain recently). When time flies and my list of things to do remains as long as it started (or sometimes even longer), I wish there were more hours in the day.
We are now counting down in the double digits to the big day. 85, to be exact. Wowzers. After a short break from the wedding plans earlier this spring, I quickly jumped back into them when I realized the clock was ticking. So I’m trying to stay focused with checklists and spreadsheets galore. Love it.
As it gets closer, it’s becoming more and more real to me. Oddly enough, I only recently truly pictured myself as “the bride.” Before then, I was just planning a huge party, thinking of only what we needed for the event - location, dress, flowers, food, music… In all of my visions of our wedding, I was present, but I wasn’t truly seeing myself as the bride. Weird? Maybe. It took me only minutes to get used to calling Jon my fiancĂ©, but it’s taking me a bit longer to realize that I will be the one in the white dress, the center of attention that day. Ahhhh. So anyways, the turning point for me was listening to ceremony music. I spent over 2 hours one night looking through lists, listening to excerpts on amazon.com, and reading comments on what other brides have used. The moment I started thinking about what I wanted to walk down the aisle to was when I realized “Oh my gosh, I’m getting married” and gave myself goosebumps. Funny how that happens.
So I guess I'd better enjoy actually "being" the bride while I can. :)
We are now counting down in the double digits to the big day. 85, to be exact. Wowzers. After a short break from the wedding plans earlier this spring, I quickly jumped back into them when I realized the clock was ticking. So I’m trying to stay focused with checklists and spreadsheets galore. Love it.
As it gets closer, it’s becoming more and more real to me. Oddly enough, I only recently truly pictured myself as “the bride.” Before then, I was just planning a huge party, thinking of only what we needed for the event - location, dress, flowers, food, music… In all of my visions of our wedding, I was present, but I wasn’t truly seeing myself as the bride. Weird? Maybe. It took me only minutes to get used to calling Jon my fiancĂ©, but it’s taking me a bit longer to realize that I will be the one in the white dress, the center of attention that day. Ahhhh. So anyways, the turning point for me was listening to ceremony music. I spent over 2 hours one night looking through lists, listening to excerpts on amazon.com, and reading comments on what other brides have used. The moment I started thinking about what I wanted to walk down the aisle to was when I realized “Oh my gosh, I’m getting married” and gave myself goosebumps. Funny how that happens.
So I guess I'd better enjoy actually "being" the bride while I can. :)
Choosing the music was my favorite part...even though we only had 2 songs in our wedding. 85 days is nothing...it's going to fly by!! :)
ReplyDeleteYes, YOU ARE THE BRIDE!!! And you are going to be so gorgeous Lis. I can't wait!
ReplyDeleteYay :) It'll be here sooo fast!
ReplyDeleteYea! I can't wait
ReplyDelete