A random moment on the road

The other day, I was on my way home from work, making my trek across the cities, when the funniest thing happened.  I had had a loooong day filled with meetings and spreadsheets and more issues than I cared to deal with, and I found myself in a sour mood wishing I was home already.  Seriously, when do we catch up to the Jetsons and we can travel at the blink of an eye?  Maybe they didn't actually do that in the show, but I bet they could have. 

So on that drive home I was in that daze that I so often find myself, where only the gossip and gab of the radio keeps me conscious.   About half way home, I saw a headlight come up behind me out of nowhere.  I wouldn't normally pay much attention, but I recall thinking that that motorcycle must have been going fast (because I myself have a lead foot and was going at a pretty good speed already).  A few moments later I see him pass me on the right.  (Where did they learn passing etiquette?)  He then pulled into my lane in front of me, and do you know what I saw?  Man, I wish I could have taken a picture!  The motorcycle had a sidecar, and sitting backwards in it was a Saint Bernard.  Yup.  It was seriously the funniest thing I have ever seen on the road.  A huge dog in a tiny sidecar, staring back at all the traffic as they passed.  He was obviously enjoying the breeze as they cruised down 94, with his ears flapping and his tongue hanging out his mouth.  I assume the laws of physics were taken into consideration while seating the dog backwards, so big points for the owner for keeping his pup safe.  I found that part of it the most entertaining.  Sure, the dog was adorable, and funny that he was riding in a sidecar.  But he was staring right at me as I followed them down the highway and honestly turned my sourness into laughter.  I proceeded to have a staredown with the dog for a couple of miles, until the motorcycle driver decided to go faster than I cared to in what I know to be an area invested with cops that time of day.  So off they drove, and I was simply thankful for the random pick-me-up.

I so badly wanted to show you what it looked like, but can you believe Google images does not have any Saint Bernards riding in sidecars?  Weird.  I guess it looked something like this...

Comments

  1. That is awesome - that totally would have made my day as well. Thanks for sharing, it put a smile on my face this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I wish you could've gotten a picture! And, I love your attempt at what it looked like. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing! Thanks for the laugh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Winter 2015

Tales of a trip to Brazil, Part 1