A great weekend

I love Thanksgiving weekend. It rocks for so many reasons. 4-day weekend. Seeing family. Delicious food. Sleeping in. Great deals. Time - plain old time to do whatever we want. I love it!

This Thanksgiving was really nice. We spent Thanksgiving day at Jon's grandma's house with the whole family. It was tight quarters with all 20 of us in his grandmother's trailer home, but we all managed to find a spot to relax, read through the shopping ads, watch football, and visit. I miss those days at my own grandparents' house, so it has been so wonderful to experience that again. Our nephews spent the afternoon pointing out every single video game, sports equipment, etc. that they wanted for Christmas. Oh, to be a kid again. I don't know who told them we were made of money, but they will be sorely disappointed. :)

Friday Jon and I decided to hit a few stores for some Christmas items, but we somehow ended up buying more for ourselves than presents for others. Granted we were still spending gift cards from our wedding, but I still felt guilty nonetheless. We went around 8am, plenty early for us, and still managed to get some good deals. You could see the chaos that must have occurred in the early morning hours at each store, making me all the more happy that we avoided that. We then spent the rest of the day at home lounging around, eating leftover dessert and laughing at our favorite Christmas movie - Elf. "First we'll make snow angels for hours, then we'll go ice skating, then we'll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse cookie dough as fast as we can, and then we'll snuggle." Lol. I could watch that movie over and over and still laugh every time.

Saturday and Sunday were wonderful as well, though we did not do much that warrants mentioning here, except setting up the Christmas tree. We have a new tree this year, thanks to the wonderful after Christmas sale at Target last year. We're in the big leagues now, people - a 7 1/2 foot tree! It took me more than an hour to get the branches unfolded and properly distributed, but I think I did good. No?

We also spent ALL weekend listening to Christmas music. I refused to let Jon change the station. So it didn't take me long at all to get in the Christmas spirit. Now I'm looking forward to using our new mixer and baking Christmas cookies!

Comments

  1. Sounds like the perfect Thanksgiving weekend! And the tree looks awesome, I am jealous at the height of the that thing! I have been in the Christmas mood for a while already, I hope it lasts all the way to Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your tree looks wonderful! I haven't started listening to xmas music yet. which station do you listen to? i usually can't stand to listen to it, but I think it would be fun for Kellen to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, did you get one of those expensive kitchen-aid mixers for your wedding? JEALOUS!

    You better make me some cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Winter 2015

Tales of a trip to Brazil, Part 1