Cookies!

As everyone in Minnesota is well aware, last weekend was one for the books. Our weathermen clearly warned us well, as our local grocery store on Friday at 11pm was a pure mad house. We needed to stock up on some very important things - baking supplies - as I had big plans with friends to bake Christmas cookies on Sunday!

But first, we enjoyed a lovely day all snug in our house, watching the snow pile up quickly outside our window.


It was a good day. I wore my pajamas all day, spent most of it curled up on our couch watching Christmas movies. I loved it, but admit that by the next morning I was getting a little stir crazy. I was so thankful I had the genius idea to host a cookie baking party that day. I hope the girls didn't mind the drive over to my neck of the woods, but at least they all went home well stocked with a variety of cookies.

It was so much fun! Everyone pitched in and in a matter of a couple of hours we had a table full of cookies. We even had this little helper, who helped keep us entertained with his gummy grins (his arms weren't quite long enough to help with the turtle pretzels).

Suzi frosted some mean sugar cookies, and Mandy snuggled the little helper while she and Liz rested their chocolate dipping fingers. Peanut butter and chocolate is an amazing combination.

Alicia and Michelle knocked out peanut butter blossoms like it was their job. Not a single one burned - all perfectly sized. I just love how this picture turned out - I was merely trying to capture a few cookie baking moments and they just happened to look up and laugh. Darling.

And here is the final result! I sadly didn't think to get a picture of all the delicious cookies that were exchanged, but these are the ones that kept us busy for a few hours that day:


Serious yumness. I've probably eaten more than I should have already, but I don't care. It's the freakin' holidays. :)

Comments

  1. ADORABLE buddy. I had SO much fun, definitely will have to make this an annual thing. And holy crap I have been eating those cookies like crazy. On Monday, instead of eating lunch when Gus went down for a nap, I put 4 cookies on a plate, grabbed a diet coke, and went downstairs and lounged around on the couch watching tv. Seriously. I will probably be 250 lbs by January.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I wish I could have been there! I probably could have just cross country skied to your house if I still lived in MN. Did Liz have Ziva pull her on a sled? Anyway, I'm totally craving cookies now...thanks a lot! Especially those yummy ones with the hershey kiss on top...they are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you posted this! We had SO much fun - it was totally worth the drive (minus the part on the way there when the lane ahead suddenly disappeared under a huge snow drift). I completely agree that we should make this an annual thing. I'll volunteer my house for next year if no one else wants to host it. And I, too, have had way too many cookies. I worked out Monday and Wednesday only to make up for all the cookies I'd eaten. I wouldn't have worked out otherwise. As I was working out, I closed my eyes and pictured myself stuffing my face w/ all the cookies, and that was all the motivation I needed. I've been averaging about 4 - 5 cookies a day since Sunday. Thanks a lot, ladies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics - I had a blast and totally think we should do this every year! As for eating the cookies, yah... ours are almost gone! I grab them by the handful, my doctor is gonna yell at me when I go to my next appointment on Monday! Thanks for hosting cookie bake 2010 Lisa, it was fun and I am already looking forward to next year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Winter 2015

Tales of a trip to Brazil, Part 1