Charm

Stillwater is a charming little city. And the perfect place to spend the day with my sweetheart!

Yesterday we started out the day getting massages, which definitely set us off on the right foot. The masseuse worked out some awful knots that I've had in my back, to which I was ever grateful. Their schpeel to join their membership and get a massage every month was tempting, but neither of us could really justify it. So off we went, knot-free for the time being. And relaxed.

We then spent the afternoon wandering around downtown Stillwater. I love this place! I hadn't ever really been there, aside from attending a fabulous wedding there a year+ ago, so I was looking forward to strolling the quaint downtown streets. And it did not disappoint. The sun was shining, the air was fresh, and it felt like we had taken a step back in time. Quite different from the modern suburbia and chain stores that we usually frequent.

We browsed through several charming boutiques, antique shops, and book stores. It was a nice change in pace - no hurry, no agenda. We didn't buy anything, except a delicious key lime cheesecake mix that I look forward to making one day. The kitchen store there is AH-mazing. A cook's heaven, I'd say. It made me wish I loved cooking more, although I would definitely now be broke if that were the case.

We came across a darling old diner called Leo's, known apparently for their ice cream and malts. So we had dinner - old fashion hamburgers and fries - and then shared a delicious strawberry malt. On sale for Valentine's Day. Score!


All in all, it was a great Saturday in a charming city with my sweetheart. Three years ago tomorrow, a cute guy winked at me online...and he became the love of my life. Life is good. :)

Comments

  1. Sounds like a perfect day to me too (I am jealous)! Stillwater is such a cool city, glad you were able to take a day to stroll around the town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, can we exchange lives for a few days? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Fall 2015

Annabel - 18 months