Chop chop

I was inspired to chop my hair.  (And I use that term loosely, though it certainly felt like chopping).

The inspiration came mostly from my friend Suzi, who I saw last week sporting an adorable new cut that looked perfectly fresh and summer-like and so cute on her.  But I had also come to the realization that I had worn a ponytail for 3 weeks straight.   Probably longer.  And the problem with that?  One, it's boring.  Two, it also probably made me look incredibly lazy (and coupled with my borderline business casual wear, even worse).  And three, I felt like I just had too much hair and was sick of every last strand of it.  So it was time for a change. 

So tonight I got my hair cut!  I think she cut at least 4 inches, maybe more.  It is incredible how a haircut can make such a difference.  I feel lighter, prettier, even relaxed after the amazing shampooing.  I wish someone could wash my hair for me like that everyday.

Anyways, I really like it!  And now I'm all set for summer - IF summer would ever decide to make an appearance around here...
P.S. I hate taking pictures of myself.  Jon already pointed out I'm not really smiling here, but this was the best it was going to get.  :)

Comments

  1. I love it!! I am trying to decide if I should cut mine too, it has rraaly grown out but for the summer it is kinda nice to be able to put it in a pony if I want. Anyways.. love the cut, now bring on Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I are sisters from another mother Lis. As you know I was also lusting after Suzi's adorable hair when we saw her last week, and I ALSO have been wearing my hair up for the past month or so. Mine is worse though, not even a pony tail, the DREADED and oh-so-unprofessional messy bun!

    So I thought Jon was obsessed with your long hair, and would be said if you cut it? You must have told him to shove it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I LOVE IT! Forgot that part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome, lady!! Can't wait to see it in person! I'm glad my haircut was an inspiration ;) ~ sometimes its just fun to switch it up, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Fall 2015

Annabel - 18 months