Busted
Oh man, what a way to start the week.
This morning I arrived at work and went straight for the breakroom to get some coffee, per my typical morning routine. I noticed some coffee had spilled on the floor from the previous whoever that made the last pot, since some of my co-workers aren't so neat, so as I bent down to wipe it up, I heard a snap. I stood up and noticed that my pants felt a little looser and immediately thought, "Oh no. Crap."
Fortunately, it was not my actual pants - thank God. However, my belt sure bit the dust.
I bent down and my belt broke. It BUSTED in half, just from me BENDING OVER. That's something no woman ever wants to experience. I know I probably went overboard this holiday season with cookies and other not-so-good-for-you foods, but enough to break my belt?? And it didn't even break where the notch was starting to wear away from wearing it so often, where you'd think a belt could break - it snapped straight off the buckle!
My only saving grace is that it was an old belt that had seen better days. And it was a cheap one. So clearly the age and poor quality combination caused it to snap, not me and my post holiday self. Right? But boy, what a way to start the week, especially after having gone to three potlucks this weekend (yup, two of them were Christmases in fact) and feeling like I need to live on fruits and veggies for the next month or two to get back to normal.
At least chances are good that tomorrow morning will start off better. :)
This morning I arrived at work and went straight for the breakroom to get some coffee, per my typical morning routine. I noticed some coffee had spilled on the floor from the previous whoever that made the last pot, since some of my co-workers aren't so neat, so as I bent down to wipe it up, I heard a snap. I stood up and noticed that my pants felt a little looser and immediately thought, "Oh no. Crap."
Fortunately, it was not my actual pants - thank God. However, my belt sure bit the dust.
I bent down and my belt broke. It BUSTED in half, just from me BENDING OVER. That's something no woman ever wants to experience. I know I probably went overboard this holiday season with cookies and other not-so-good-for-you foods, but enough to break my belt?? And it didn't even break where the notch was starting to wear away from wearing it so often, where you'd think a belt could break - it snapped straight off the buckle!
My only saving grace is that it was an old belt that had seen better days. And it was a cheap one. So clearly the age and poor quality combination caused it to snap, not me and my post holiday self. Right? But boy, what a way to start the week, especially after having gone to three potlucks this weekend (yup, two of them were Christmases in fact) and feeling like I need to live on fruits and veggies for the next month or two to get back to normal.
At least chances are good that tomorrow morning will start off better. :)

Yah, not the way you want to start out a week! But I must say it make me giggle... and then brought back some horrible memories. I bent over in my parents front yard a few years back and the khaki capris I was wearing split right up the crack - yup full moon to anyone who was behind me! It was so embarrassing but at least it was at my parents and I could steal a pair of sweats from my mom! Hope your Tuesday is off to a better start!
ReplyDeleteLol. Oh yes, I've been there. This is too funny, so glad it wasn't your pants buddy. :)
ReplyDelete