I heart Minnesota fall

I just adore the Minnesota fall season.  The colors change, the air becomes crisper, I get to pull out some of my favorite sweaters and boots...  I think I would go crazy if I lived in a climate that rarely changed.  Even if by the middle of winter I'm ready to call it quits.  I like that it varies and keeps things interesting.  Usually.

In Costa Rica, we only had two seasons, which wasn't so bad either.  For approximately 5 months of the year, it was dry season  - beautiful sunny 85 degree days, hotter on the coasts but you had the ocean to dunk into.  If it was like that year round, it'd be a hard location to compete with for a place to call 'home' (that, and the fact that my family and friends don't live there). 

The other season, on the other hand, could be a beast.  For the other 7 months of the year, it pretty much rained every day.  And in September - October, it would pour like you wouldn't believe.  Inches within minutes.  Streets would flood, and you would have to wade through ankle-deep water just to get to the bus stop.  Sandles were a necessity.  And because a majority of the city are pedestrians and use public transportation, the sidewalks would be packed with umbrellas every which way.  You had to be careful or you could seriously poke your eye out on one of them - or poke someone else's. 

Then you get on the bus, where most often there was no sitting room left (because everyone takes public transportation), so you'd stand gripping the overhead bar with one hand while you held a dripping umbrella with your other arm and try not to fall on top of the person sitting nearby or bump into someone else's soaked umbrella.  It was beyond annoying.  This is why I ended up buying a car.  :)  But even wet season wasn't so bad.  Aside from the crazy months, it would normally be a nice sunny morning, following by a few showers around 1pm (like clockwork) and then clear up in the evening.  So you left the house with an umbrella because you knew that at 1pm you did not want to be stuck outside without one. 

Oh, those were the good old days.  Anyways, I digress.  Ahem.  Minnesota fall. 

Who knew I would ramble on and on about weather?  Oh right, I'm Minnesotan - we talk about weather a lot.

So Minnesota fall - the point I was going to make is that I just can't get enough of the fall colors.  I seriously want to take pictures of every beautiful tree I see.  I even requested that we spend part of my birthday wandering around Stillwater in search of beautiful trees.  And my hubby kindly obliged, even though FOOTBALL was on TV.  Thank goodness for DVRs. 

We found gorgous colors everywhere!

 
 
I want to live in Stillwater.  It's such a pretty town!  But then my commute would be even worse, so I guess I take that back. 

Fall, you can stick around longer if you want.  Winter isn't nearly as enjoyable!

Comments

  1. Love those pictures of the trees. I am the same way, every tree I would see this fall I wanted to snap a picture of it (becuase I knew the next day all those leaves would be on the ground)! I wish fall lasted as long as winter or better yet fall was 4 months and winter only 1 or 2 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree... stick around fall! I love that bigger picture of the golden tree with the sun shining through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is my favorite season. Love the trees too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Fall 2015

Annabel - 18 months