Where the heck did May go?

It's almost June.  I'm feeling flabbergasted.  How is it that the entire month of May has almost passed?  It feels like yesterday that May was just starting out (and we were knee deep in snow still - ha). 

Slow down, time.  Puh-lease.  (Except for 7:30am - 4:30pm, Monday through Friday; you can speed up then).  I have lots to do and little time to do it.

We've kept pretty busy this month, with some low-key, relaxing moments sprinkled in.  It been nice.  And I suppose this is why time feels like it is flying by.

We've only been out golfing once so far, which is so unusual for us at this time of year.  But it's safe to say that it has been one crazy spring so far.  Summer had better be nicer to us.  My dad beat me by 2 strokes, so I will be on a personal mission to beat him the next round.  Jon wasn't far behind us, and also has a personal mission I'm sure.

Despite having tragically depressing days lately (at least weather-wise), there were a few amazing days in which the sun was shining, the air was warm, everyone was outside, and life felt perfect.  We went on runs, walks, bike rides...we sat on the patio, barbequed, read.  I'm so looking forward to more of that this summer.

I've been out a few times with my camera, in search of things to photograph.  Jon doesn't like having pictures taken, and well, I can't exactly take selfies with my Canon.  Plus how many self-portraits does a person need?  So that leaves me to nature, which is fortunately a willing subject.  I'm sure my neighbors find me odd, especially when I was at the entrance to our neighborhood, on hands and knees in the tulip beds, taking zillions of photos.  Oh, and on the side of the road snapping photos of cows.  You know, totally common.



There were a couple of occasions this month in which I got to photograph darling children, like these two of Alicia'sThey are much more fun than photographing cows or flowers, for the record.  The one on the left even took to a liking of my camera and, with my grip help, proudly snapped a few funny photos of his brother.  Love them.


So I suppose we'd better be ready for June.  My sister and brother-in-law will be home for a whole week, and I am so excited to see them.  It's been a whole year!

And June means we are that much closer to July, which will be the holy crazy month of our summer.  I have out of town plans every weekend: Alpine Valley, girls' weekend, up north to the cabin with the family, trip south to visit family/friends, and annual summer picnic.  I'm sure it'll be a whirlwind, but a good one at that.

Ok, I've babbled enough.  Where the heck did May go?

Comments

  1. I know, May seriously was a bust this year right?

    I can't say enough how much I love the pictures you took of the boys. Even if I want to go get Louie a hair cut RIGHT NOW when I see that pic above. ;) (And Gus for that matter, Jeez, I don't know why but I hate the haircut errand!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like we didn't have May simply because of the yucky weather. I agree, summer better be better! Our July is crazy too (At least Pat's is. He'll be gone 3 weekends in a row, so I will be a single mom then.) Excited to see Kristen too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay first off I completely agree with it feeling like May just disappeared! I really hope summer doenst go that fast but I am sure it will. As for the photography thing I completely understand and I can relate about the neighbors wondering... I have been outside taking daily pictures of our flowers and I am sure they think I am completely crazy!! Maybe one of these nights we should plan a hike down in Afton State Park... lots to photograph there (and my boys will be with so you can trying your hand at my kids as they refuse to cooperate for me anymore)! As for July, I can't wait mostly becuase of Girls weekend which promises to bring lots of laughs and awesome memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'd love to go to Afton with you guys!! Next week I am traveling, and the week after my sister is in town, but maybe we could aim for sometime after June 16??

      Delete
    2. Sounds like a plan to me! We can go on a week night as it doesn't seem to get dark until after 9pm anyways - let me know what you think! Monday and Wednesdays we are free, the other two nights we have TBall!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Winter 2015

Tales of a trip to Brazil, Part 1