Wish me luck
I'm about to start the 21 Day Fix, and I'm nervous. Excited, but really nervous.
I've been longing to get my butt in gear for several months now. It turns out I've hit a wall in terms of postpartum weight loss the easy way (breastfeeding). I'm jealous of the women that are lucky enough to lose all their pregnancy weight simply by breastfeeding. I'm not one of them. Granted, my postpartum days began stuffing my face with Christmas cookies, which could have started me on the wrong track. First world problems.
I've definitely dropped a lot of the baby weight, because let's be honest - I gained quite a bit. But I have at least 10 more pounds to go, ideally 15. And a very pudgy belly to tone up and tuck back into place.
I've had intentions to start running or Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, but I manage to come up with excuses every time. Weeknights are plain hard. I get home, play with Carter for the measly 45 minutes I get, put him to bed, make something to eat, wash bottles and pump parts, tidy up, and it's easily 8:30pm. Considering I've been going to bed around 9pm due to 1-2 wakeups each night and feeling perpetually tired, that doesn't leave a whole lot of time to work out. I need that little time to veg on the couch and collect my thoughts. Yeah, excuses. See?
Weekends are another thing, and yet I still manage to spend them not working out. I did Zumba one Saturday morning with Alicia, and felt ah-mazing. You'd think that high would motivate me. I guess not. I've been doing a fair amount of walking, but it's not enough.
I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I still wear maternity jeans sometimes. I can fit into my regular jeans, but gosh, elastic-waisted pants are awesome. Especially when they can help tuck in areas that need tucking. I hate the way I look in every single shirt I own, so that's been fun every morning. I scour my closet thinking there must be something that looks decent, and then reluctantly settle for something that doesn't.
Clearly, I am getting fed up with this. So it's time to do something about it!
I learned about 21 Day Fix from someone I follow on Instagram. She was in a 'sorf-of' similar situation (postpartum/weight loss plateau) and has been seeing amazing results with this program. The more I looked into it, the more it felt right for me. There is a different type of workout for every day, only 30 minutes long, and it also focuses on nutrition and portion control for weight loss. This last part was key for me. My diet has never been great. At my lowest weight, I simply wasn't eating much. I definitely wasn't getting all the right nutrients, nor was it sustainable. Obviously.
So it's time to make a change. I'm excited! I've already dabbled in some of the workouts and have started adjusting my diet for more veggies and fruits (and less cookies). The doughnut that was consumed this morning shall remain nameless - I consider it my last hurrah before I begin.
I will be taking a couple breaks due to weekends away, so this will actually take me more like 27 days. That's ok with me, because there is no way I'm going to miss out on tailgating at Alpine Valley, or those delicious jalapeno poppers and bruchetta at my aunt and uncle's cabin. For 21 days total, I plan to hunker down and be fully dedicated to the program.
Wish me luck.
I've been longing to get my butt in gear for several months now. It turns out I've hit a wall in terms of postpartum weight loss the easy way (breastfeeding). I'm jealous of the women that are lucky enough to lose all their pregnancy weight simply by breastfeeding. I'm not one of them. Granted, my postpartum days began stuffing my face with Christmas cookies, which could have started me on the wrong track. First world problems.
I've definitely dropped a lot of the baby weight, because let's be honest - I gained quite a bit. But I have at least 10 more pounds to go, ideally 15. And a very pudgy belly to tone up and tuck back into place.
I've had intentions to start running or Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, but I manage to come up with excuses every time. Weeknights are plain hard. I get home, play with Carter for the measly 45 minutes I get, put him to bed, make something to eat, wash bottles and pump parts, tidy up, and it's easily 8:30pm. Considering I've been going to bed around 9pm due to 1-2 wakeups each night and feeling perpetually tired, that doesn't leave a whole lot of time to work out. I need that little time to veg on the couch and collect my thoughts. Yeah, excuses. See?
Weekends are another thing, and yet I still manage to spend them not working out. I did Zumba one Saturday morning with Alicia, and felt ah-mazing. You'd think that high would motivate me. I guess not. I've been doing a fair amount of walking, but it's not enough.
I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I still wear maternity jeans sometimes. I can fit into my regular jeans, but gosh, elastic-waisted pants are awesome. Especially when they can help tuck in areas that need tucking. I hate the way I look in every single shirt I own, so that's been fun every morning. I scour my closet thinking there must be something that looks decent, and then reluctantly settle for something that doesn't.
Clearly, I am getting fed up with this. So it's time to do something about it!
I learned about 21 Day Fix from someone I follow on Instagram. She was in a 'sorf-of' similar situation (postpartum/weight loss plateau) and has been seeing amazing results with this program. The more I looked into it, the more it felt right for me. There is a different type of workout for every day, only 30 minutes long, and it also focuses on nutrition and portion control for weight loss. This last part was key for me. My diet has never been great. At my lowest weight, I simply wasn't eating much. I definitely wasn't getting all the right nutrients, nor was it sustainable. Obviously.
So it's time to make a change. I'm excited! I've already dabbled in some of the workouts and have started adjusting my diet for more veggies and fruits (and less cookies). The doughnut that was consumed this morning shall remain nameless - I consider it my last hurrah before I begin.
I will be taking a couple breaks due to weekends away, so this will actually take me more like 27 days. That's ok with me, because there is no way I'm going to miss out on tailgating at Alpine Valley, or those delicious jalapeno poppers and bruchetta at my aunt and uncle's cabin. For 21 days total, I plan to hunker down and be fully dedicated to the program.
Wish me luck.
So excited to follow along with you on this, you can soooo do this!
ReplyDeleteYou got this! And you are doing it much sooner than I did... took me over 4 years to lose the baby weight! I am excited to hear how you like the 21 day fix. My cousin did it and really liked it!
ReplyDelete