Baby #2 | 16 weeks
This baby is already getting the second child
treatment, and he/she has only been in existence for a matter of weeks. With my first
pregnancy, I had already blogged AND taken several bump photos by the time I
was 16 weeks. This time? I've taken two bump photos, at 9 weeks and just this week, and only now started writing about it. Guess that can happen when you're not entering entirely new territory.
But I can’t have this elaborate book about my pregnancy with
Carter and not this second one, can I? I’m pretty sure this kid wouldn’t mind,
but the perfection/order-seeker in me feels unbalanced if I don’t do the same for
both.
| 9 weeks (and photobombed) |
Plus, I do know I would look back on this fondly, remembering
what life was like right now, growing this sweet child.
So fine. I’ll blog. And someday make another Shutterfly book.
I have finally turned a corner with the change in trimester.
I have more energy and don’t feel like I’m constantly sleep deprived, and the nausea is pretty much gone. Three cheers for second trimester! However, I am
starting to have trouble sleeping already, feeling sore on my hips and longing
to be on my back or stomach. We just invested in My Pillows, which are helping me sleep more
soundly, and we remedied Carter’s 5am wake ups (by pushing back bedtime) so
there’s that going for me as well. But still. I long for quality, comfortable sleep. Maybe in 2 years? I also am having sacroiliac joint pain, which is pretty much the most awful thing ever. It hurts to move or sit in certain many positions, and radiates pain down my side/leg. My OB says it should lessen in the next few weeks, and I sure hope so. Or I will be miserable.
My bump is out of control. I’ve gained 3-4 pounds,
which doesn’t seem like much, but I am fearful of the 45 pound gain like last
time, so I’m really trying to get more exercise and watch what I eat. (And yet,
those Dots that Jon likes to buy at checkout now and then always find their way
into my belly...before he even gets to eat them). I looked back at my posts from my last pregnancy, and I liken
my current 16-week bump to my 20-week bump last time. I know that’s
pretty normal, but it still feels kind of ridiculous. I just started wearing maternity shirts to work, because regular shirts, while fitting, just make me look like I sit on the couch and eat Oreos all day long. Wouldn't that be nice? So now if people who don't know I'm pregnant see my fat belly, at least they'll also see maternity ruching and make an educated guess I'm not just sitting around eating cookies.
I think I felt the baby move this week. It was definitely
a reminiscent feeling, but faint, so I can’t be positive that it wasn't digestion. It
did remind me to rub my belly and talk to the baby, something I don’t remember to
do as often as with my first. BUT, Carter loves to give my belly kisses and
blow raspberries, or knead it with his fists (gently) and say "Hiiiiiii baybee!" So
this little one IS getting quite a bit of love and attention already. I'm just sad to realize he/she can't hear anything for another couple of weeks.
I'm still dying to know the gender. Not because I'm wishing for one over the other. If it's a girl, I will look forward to (and be scared of) the chance to raise a little girl and do life with her. I'll feel blessed to get the opportunity to experience raising both genders. I'll love doing the pink and bows and Barbies, if that'll be 'her thing.' I'll love seeing things from a little girl's perspective and how different/same they are from Carter's.
But the chance to have another towheaded, likely rambunctious boy to rival and keep up with (and team up with) Carter? That sounds pretty amazing too. I LOVE being a boy mom. And no two boys are exactly alike, so this one would most certainly keep us on our toes and present us a totally different experience.
I just NEED to know. Never have I needed to know a particular thing so badly.
Based on history, it's a boy. My husband is one of 3 boys. And his brother has 2 boys (the other grandkids on that side). My sister's husband is one of 3 boys, and they have 2 boys as well (the other grandkids). It seems destined, based on these men and their offspring, but for some reason I am fairly convinced this is a girl. We will find out in October!
I'm still dying to know the gender. Not because I'm wishing for one over the other. If it's a girl, I will look forward to (and be scared of) the chance to raise a little girl and do life with her. I'll feel blessed to get the opportunity to experience raising both genders. I'll love doing the pink and bows and Barbies, if that'll be 'her thing.' I'll love seeing things from a little girl's perspective and how different/same they are from Carter's.
But the chance to have another towheaded, likely rambunctious boy to rival and keep up with (and team up with) Carter? That sounds pretty amazing too. I LOVE being a boy mom. And no two boys are exactly alike, so this one would most certainly keep us on our toes and present us a totally different experience.
I just NEED to know. Never have I needed to know a particular thing so badly.
Based on history, it's a boy. My husband is one of 3 boys. And his brother has 2 boys (the other grandkids on that side). My sister's husband is one of 3 boys, and they have 2 boys as well (the other grandkids). It seems destined, based on these men and their offspring, but for some reason I am fairly convinced this is a girl. We will find out in October!

So I said I was going to make sure that Mason never suffered from second child syndrome but I failed!! Colton has photo book after photo book and Mason doesnt even have one! I know you will do better than I did with the second. It is crazy how things are so different the second time around, not as much time to just enjoy the pregnancy due to being busy with the first kiddo. And I can't wait to hear what you are having. Being a mom to two boys is pretty amazing and I wouldnt change it but I think having one of each would be pretty awesome too! I dont have a good guess on what you are having - I guess either one seems like the perfect fit for your family!
ReplyDelete