Baby #2 | 29 weeks

Well, I'm not keeping up on documenting this little lady's gestation like I'd like. Oh well. I have a few more important things to worry about this time around. Like sleep. Or a clingy toddler.

But here I am. Baby girl - 29 weeks along! This is getting real.

So is the belly.

I feel monstrous this time around, and wondered how I was comparing to Carter's pregnancy, so I dug around for some comparison photos. It seems I am looking larger faster. Even though my OB says I'm measuring perfectly (again) and my weight gain this time around is slower. Thank goodness for that.



I passed the glucose screening with flying colors, and both she and I seem to be in optimal health so far. Good heartbeats, good movement, low blood pressure, little swelling... I don't overlook how blessed I am to have uncomplicated pregnancies. It seems too lucky.

Baby Girl is currently breech, so I am feeling a bit cautious about celebrating a hiccup-free pregnancy. But she has time to turn, and I have faith she will. Hopefully soon, as my bladder cannot take more of her kicking.

Speaking of, Jon said the other night he climbed into bed and put his hand on my belly and felt her kick. He started speaking softly to her (as to not wake me up) and she replied each time with a robust kick just for him. I kind of wish I hadn't missed that sweet moment. And yet I'm thrilled I was finally sleeping soundly enough to have missed it.

Grapefruit has become an obsession of mine. I realized two weeks ago I was craving them, bought a big bag, and have had one every single day since. I would love to have 2 or 3 a day, but that seems like an excessive amount of citrus. I thought it was a strange craving to have until I heard two other friends had the same experience in their last pregnancies. Who knew this was a thing?

I'd like to say we've made more progress in her room, but aside from shredding 3 garbage bags full of old credit card statements and other mail, we haven't. We are about ready to post the desk for sale, so once that's gone we can paint and get things organized. Realizing we have around 10 weeks left, plus a busy holiday season, I'm feeling the pinch to get moving.

We continue to pray for Baby Sister each night, and Carter occasionally gives my belly kisses, but overall he's much less focused on her than earlier. In fact, he seems rather bitter at times that I can't hold him for long periods of time, or when I complain as he's climbing all over me. The boy is smitten with his mama and I think he's catching on things might be changing. BUT he is still infatuated with the 5-mo-old at daycare, and super gentle and sweet with her, so I have hopes he won't become a terror towards ours. You never know at this age. She's going to impact his life way more than a daycare kid.

All in all, I'm feeling tired, nostalgic, a bit nervous (mostly about Carter), and really anxious to meet this little girl. We're getting down to single digit weeks...

Comments

  1. Love reading this posts! You look fabulous. I can't wait to snuggle her as well, its been too long since we have had a little baby in the group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You do such a nice job of documenting your pregnancies. Wishing I would have done more of that. Your bump is looking adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Fall 2015

Annabel - 18 months