Annabel - Nine months
Oh, my Annie-Bannanie. I cannot fathom that you will be 1 year old in just 3 short months.
This month was the first where we let the 26th come and go without remembering it was her birth month and we needed photos. If you know me well, you know that it bothers me terribly that these photos are a day later. OMG, a DAY. ;)
Annabel weighs 20 pounds (80%) and is 28 inches long (68%). Wearing 12-month clothing and size 3 diapers. Still just two bottom teeth, but working on more.
A lot to love with this one.
This last month Annabel started clapping and waving. Like legit waving when she sees someone. Ok, sometimes it looks more like a nazi salute but we all know her intentions are pure. She also came up with the funniest scrunched face. And first pony tail.
She has also gotten up on all fours much more often, and is inch worming her way around. Her preferred mode of movement is still rolling. She loves to stand, but still is not reliable to lean on something on her own.
She will find every spec of anything on the floor that she can get her little pincer grasp on, so we've had to up our vacuum frequency. She did eat a leaf the other day that tracked in on someone's shoe, before I could stop her. Oh well.
Her food palate has grown exponentially this last month. I think the only foods that she hasn't had yet that could cause allergic reactions are strawberries and peanut butter. We'll get to those soon - if strawberries ever came down in price. Thanks, Winter.
She's a big fan of anything carb-related: toast, buns, muffins, pancakes, cereal. After all, she is my daughter. She still willingly eats carrots and peas, which I appreciate it. And, to help with constipation, she thankfully likes pear and prune purees.
Her cry/mad face is still pretty darn cute. She's a feisty one. I don't recall Carter being quite so...emotional. If you take something from her, she will arch her back and scream bloody murder. Fortunately, she's still at the age where she can be easily redirected to something else. Usually something safer. Or not Carter's.
She is still very much a Mama's girl. Continues to whine if I am in her sight but not holding her. Most of the time anyway - she has her happy moments with others even if I'm around. I pretty much jump with glee when that happens, because although I LOVE my girl, it is so freeing when I can be around her but not have to hold her.
This month she experienced two new "first holidays" - Halloween and Thanksgiving. She was a butterfly for Halloween, and tagged along all bundled up in her stroller for about 10 minutes before I brought her home to hang out with Grandma Judy. It was just so cold, and she wasn't exactly enjoying it. But she sure was cute! (And of course I didn't really get a good photo of her in her costume).
Thanksgiving was fun with her. She wore her "Grandma's little turkey" shirt and we took the turkey leg photo that we did with Carter (Jon gets such a kick out of this). She did seem to like turkey, and especially stuffing. Was NOT a fan of mashed potatoes, so that makes us 2 for 2 in the mashed potato realm.
She still greets Carter with a giant smile in the mornings, and she loves watching him run and play and be crazy. She tolerates his rough play and rough love quite well. And isn't afraid to let him know when she's had enough.
This month was the first where we let the 26th come and go without remembering it was her birth month and we needed photos. If you know me well, you know that it bothers me terribly that these photos are a day later. OMG, a DAY. ;)
Annabel weighs 20 pounds (80%) and is 28 inches long (68%). Wearing 12-month clothing and size 3 diapers. Still just two bottom teeth, but working on more.
A lot to love with this one.
This last month Annabel started clapping and waving. Like legit waving when she sees someone. Ok, sometimes it looks more like a nazi salute but we all know her intentions are pure. She also came up with the funniest scrunched face. And first pony tail.
She has also gotten up on all fours much more often, and is inch worming her way around. Her preferred mode of movement is still rolling. She loves to stand, but still is not reliable to lean on something on her own.
She will find every spec of anything on the floor that she can get her little pincer grasp on, so we've had to up our vacuum frequency. She did eat a leaf the other day that tracked in on someone's shoe, before I could stop her. Oh well.
Her food palate has grown exponentially this last month. I think the only foods that she hasn't had yet that could cause allergic reactions are strawberries and peanut butter. We'll get to those soon - if strawberries ever came down in price. Thanks, Winter.
She's a big fan of anything carb-related: toast, buns, muffins, pancakes, cereal. After all, she is my daughter. She still willingly eats carrots and peas, which I appreciate it. And, to help with constipation, she thankfully likes pear and prune purees.
Her cry/mad face is still pretty darn cute. She's a feisty one. I don't recall Carter being quite so...emotional. If you take something from her, she will arch her back and scream bloody murder. Fortunately, she's still at the age where she can be easily redirected to something else. Usually something safer. Or not Carter's.
She is still very much a Mama's girl. Continues to whine if I am in her sight but not holding her. Most of the time anyway - she has her happy moments with others even if I'm around. I pretty much jump with glee when that happens, because although I LOVE my girl, it is so freeing when I can be around her but not have to hold her.
This month she experienced two new "first holidays" - Halloween and Thanksgiving. She was a butterfly for Halloween, and tagged along all bundled up in her stroller for about 10 minutes before I brought her home to hang out with Grandma Judy. It was just so cold, and she wasn't exactly enjoying it. But she sure was cute! (And of course I didn't really get a good photo of her in her costume).
Thanksgiving was fun with her. She wore her "Grandma's little turkey" shirt and we took the turkey leg photo that we did with Carter (Jon gets such a kick out of this). She did seem to like turkey, and especially stuffing. Was NOT a fan of mashed potatoes, so that makes us 2 for 2 in the mashed potato realm.
She still greets Carter with a giant smile in the mornings, and she loves watching him run and play and be crazy. She tolerates his rough play and rough love quite well. And isn't afraid to let him know when she's had enough.
And there she is, 9 sweet months old. I can't believe how fast time is going.















Comments
Post a Comment