Raisins

I have to give Alicia a HUGE thank you for introducing me to raisins in my oatmeal. I am in heaven! She probably doesn’t even realize she did anything, which makes this even more random. I think she posted something on FB, it could have been months ago, about how hot oatmeal with raisins is a great way to start the morning on a cold day. Or something like that. Whatever it was, it clearly stuck in my mind.

I eat oatmeal almost every morning. I generally go for the Maple & Brown Sugar Weight Control, since it has extra fiber to feel fuller longer, and I swear one packet makes almost double what a regular one does. Gotta get my money's worth.  The Weight Control brand, however, only makes this one flavor. Though I am generally a creature of habit and have no problem with repetition, I do find myself getting sick of it from time to time.

Alicia’s FB comment about raisins and oatmeal recently popped into my mind, out of nowhere, so I bought raisins and oh my gosh. It is so good! I can’t believe I’ve been missing out on this for this long.

So thank you, Alicia. My mornings are so much better!  :-)

Comments

  1. Yum! I just bought banana bread weight control oatmeal and now I'm wishing I had some raisins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have banana bread weight control?? I have to go find that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, buddy this is too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is super funny - just chuckled to myself while reading...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apparently I need to get with the cool kids and start eating oatmeal. Maybe with raisins it will actually taste good. It makes sense. I like oatmeal and raisins in cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Fall 2015

Annabel - 18 months