Tidbits

  • I am lazy.  I took last Thursday off to burn up some vacation time that I will otherwise lose, and I had anticipated all sorts of projects to be completed.  But instead, I spent the entire day on the couch watching TV.  No joke.  At least I have more vacation days coming to be a little more productive.
  • My new favorite show is Gold Rush on TLC.  It's such a random thing to watch, but I find it so intriguing.  Pay no attention to the crazy long beards, mullets, and odd accents - it's addicting.  Who knew that people were still actively mining for gold in Alaska?  Not me.  Maybe I should get in on that.  I might have better odds than winning the lottery.
  • I bought powerball tickets a couple of weeks ago at the request of my husband but alas, did not win.  Hence my brief entertainment of mining for gold.  They say money can't buy you happiness, but I can't imagine having extra money to relieve some financial stress would make me anything else but happy.  A girl can dream.
  • We golfed for the last time this season...in November!  We've been blessed with wonderful weather this fall for sure.  The day we played, however, was ridiculously windy and thus very cold.  I was extremely underdressed, complained to Jon at least every 10 minutes about how cold I was, and looked like this most of the round:
  •  My host mother from Spain found me on Facebook and I couldn't be more thrilled.  The wonders of technology - what did we do in a world without Facebook?  She is the sweetest lady and spoiled my roommates and me rotten when we lived with her for a semester in college.  Love her.  She congratulated me on my beautiful baby, which unfortunately was miscontrued by the picture of my friend's baby on my wall.  I only wish.
  • If you know me well you may not believe this, but I now order all of my Subway sandwiches with Southwestern Chipotle sauce.  It is delicious and surprisingly not too spicy for little old me.
  • It's depressing that my drive home, at 5pm no less, looks like this nowadays: 
  (No worries, I was dead stopped in traffic while snapping this)
  • We are planning our annual winter getaway to Mexico again.  I feel blessed that we can travel as much as we do, thanks to my benefits through work, and I'm looking forward to a few days of relaxation in the sun. 
  • I thankfully made it through another round of cuts at work yesterday, and boy is that a kick in the pants to remember to take nothing for granted.  It's awful that it happens, and we're all ready for the economy to take a turn for the better so that our business improves.
  • I'm out of tidbits, for now.  Thanks for tuning in!

Comments

  1. What a relief about your job and I'm super jealous about all of your travels. If you ever need another travel buddy, you let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tidbits. So scary about work. You're the best, so I think you'll be safe for good :) Totally jealous of all your traveling, but you deserve it more than anyone! Can't wait to see you (soon)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also jealous about your upcoming trip - the snow on the ground makes Mexico sound even that much better! Glad to hear you made the cuts as well, that has to be scary. And so cool that you found her on Facebook - I really don't know how any of us survived before social media sites... must have been like living in the stone age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how I missed this last week!

    Buddy, that is RIDICULOUS that you get chipotle sauce on your subway sammiches. That is NOT the Lisa I know. ;)

    Yes, as sucky as our jobs can be, layoffs really make you appreciate what you have. We've had some insane layoffs around my office lately as well, pretty close to home, scary stuff for sure.

    I hate you. I can't believe you're going to Mexico! I am SO JEALOUS! Next year, if timing of things make sense, I say we make it a buddy trip. I would be 100% in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mexico?! I'm so jealous! And I'm also very jealous of your lazy day off. I would give anything for a day of lounging on the couch. That sounds glorious :)

    I'm glad you survived layoffs! I remember that stress all too well when I was teaching. No fun.

    -Betsy
    I couldn't sign in under google and I was too lazy to figure out the problem :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment