Thankful
It is the time to reflect on what we're grateful and thankful for. It's also the time to stuff ourselves with delicious food and watch football.
On that note, here are a few things that I'm particularly thankful for this year.
My wonderful family. They are the greatest, both mine and my husband's, and I'm glad to have them in my life. I'm grateful to be living in MN where I can see many of them pretty frequently. Even if it is sometimes stopping by my in-laws to borrow their freezer space for our Digiorno pizzas from Costco (we stock up when they are on sale) or wait for a dinner reservation nearby, or staying at my parents because we had something going on on the west side of town. It's nice to be close by.
My funny husband. He is truly the best thing that has happened to me. He continues to make me laugh every step of the way, making even the tough times a little less tough.
My friends. I truly have the best friends a girl could ask for. I've had a couple of ladies in my life for going on 26 years now, and I can't imagine it without them - they really fit the family category. We've been through it all together, and I'm so grateful we've remained close all these years. (We did promise in high school to change each others' Depends one day, so at least we're on track for that. Let's hope that is still many many years away.) I've got a great group of friends from college, many of which were on the golf team with me, and very fond memories of our days in Decorah. I miss those days - being an adult is tough. I have met some incredible ladies through my lifelong friends, and though I would be classified the "outsider" of their original group, they welcomed me without question. And I have so much fun with them. Lastly, my former work friends, former because they've all moved on to other jobs (and abandoned me). We still keep in touch and meet up a few times a year, but I miss the days we'd play Scattegories in the breakroom on our lunch breaks.
Health. I'm grateful that our family and friends are of good health and that fortunately no one close to us is suffering in any serious way.
My clients. Without divulging too much work stuff here, I will just say that I have some really great clients and programs that have allowed me to travel to some interesting places this year. Sure beats staying in the office all 52 weeks of the year.
FaceTime. With my new iPhone I now get to join the world in face-to-face web chatting, and with my sister and brother-in-law living in Brazil now, it has allowed us to virtually visit any time we want. It is awesome. I got to take a tour of their apartment, they got to see my cousins at a football game here, and I even got to chat with the whole family while they are there visiting. It was fun to see them there, not just hear their voices. Sigh, can't wait to go visit them! Technology, you are pretty cool.
My new camera. This purchase was one of the best decisions I made this year. It's been an inspiration to me to get more into photography like I've always wanted, and I'm so lucky that I was able to get one. I'm also thankful to have a buddy who is also starting this photography obsession!
Happy Thanksgiving to ya'll. May your hearts be happy and your bellies be full!
On that note, here are a few things that I'm particularly thankful for this year.
My wonderful family. They are the greatest, both mine and my husband's, and I'm glad to have them in my life. I'm grateful to be living in MN where I can see many of them pretty frequently. Even if it is sometimes stopping by my in-laws to borrow their freezer space for our Digiorno pizzas from Costco (we stock up when they are on sale) or wait for a dinner reservation nearby, or staying at my parents because we had something going on on the west side of town. It's nice to be close by.
My funny husband. He is truly the best thing that has happened to me. He continues to make me laugh every step of the way, making even the tough times a little less tough.
My friends. I truly have the best friends a girl could ask for. I've had a couple of ladies in my life for going on 26 years now, and I can't imagine it without them - they really fit the family category. We've been through it all together, and I'm so grateful we've remained close all these years. (We did promise in high school to change each others' Depends one day, so at least we're on track for that. Let's hope that is still many many years away.) I've got a great group of friends from college, many of which were on the golf team with me, and very fond memories of our days in Decorah. I miss those days - being an adult is tough. I have met some incredible ladies through my lifelong friends, and though I would be classified the "outsider" of their original group, they welcomed me without question. And I have so much fun with them. Lastly, my former work friends, former because they've all moved on to other jobs (and abandoned me). We still keep in touch and meet up a few times a year, but I miss the days we'd play Scattegories in the breakroom on our lunch breaks.
Health. I'm grateful that our family and friends are of good health and that fortunately no one close to us is suffering in any serious way.
My clients. Without divulging too much work stuff here, I will just say that I have some really great clients and programs that have allowed me to travel to some interesting places this year. Sure beats staying in the office all 52 weeks of the year.
FaceTime. With my new iPhone I now get to join the world in face-to-face web chatting, and with my sister and brother-in-law living in Brazil now, it has allowed us to virtually visit any time we want. It is awesome. I got to take a tour of their apartment, they got to see my cousins at a football game here, and I even got to chat with the whole family while they are there visiting. It was fun to see them there, not just hear their voices. Sigh, can't wait to go visit them! Technology, you are pretty cool.
My new camera. This purchase was one of the best decisions I made this year. It's been an inspiration to me to get more into photography like I've always wanted, and I'm so lucky that I was able to get one. I'm also thankful to have a buddy who is also starting this photography obsession!
Happy Thanksgiving to ya'll. May your hearts be happy and your bellies be full!
That is a great list of things to be thankful for. By the way, you are totally part of our girls group, I don't think of you as an outsider at all! And I am all about this photography obsession!! Looking forward to many more classes and learning opportunities!
ReplyDeleteLOVE YOU! I am thankful for YOU too! :)
ReplyDelete