Is winter over yet?

Is anyone else ready for winter to be over?  I am.

The snow lately is causing for some ridiculously (and unnecessarily) long commutes.  Maybe I shouldn't live so far away, or should spend more nights at the parents' house.  OR maybe people should learn how to drive cautiously but not stupidly when it snows.

I'm tired of having wet pant legs and socks from the snow.  Maybe I should wear waterproof boots and not flats all the time.

I want to feel WARM, not cold.  I don't want to have to sit on our bathroom floor when I get home with my feet in front of the air vent to thaw them out.  Honestly, I am a genuis for thinking of this and rather enjoy the burst of hot air, but I'd still rather have warm feet from the start.  I may have no hope with this one.  Unless it's summer, I'm pretty sure I will never feel entirely warm.  And in summer I get cold from air conditioning, so it is a lose lose situation.

I want to wear something else besides the 5 warm(ish) sweaters that I've been wearing every. single. day.  Along with the tank top and long sleeve shirt for added warmth.  Maybe a trip to the mall is in order?  The Target clearance rack is more like it.

I don't want to leave for work and return home from work in the dark.  It makes the day seem to disappear completely.  It actually does disappear, when you are at work or commuting 11.5 hours of the day. But I long for the days I can sit on our patio after work.

I hate paying for car washes.  I've only done it twice this winter, and am pretty sure everyone in my office has noticed how gross my car usually looks.  I just got a car wash last night, and it's already filthy.  What's the point?

I miss feeling the sunshine and fresh air.  I'm sure I'm severly deficient in Vitamin D, as most Minnesotans usually are this time of year.  I long for sitting in the sun and soaking in the warmth.  We are going to Phoenix in a couple of weeks to visit my brother-in-law and sister-in-law, and though it's not 80 degrees yet, I'll relish in the much warmer weather than we have here.

I love love love the change in seasons here in Minnesota.  It's a nice variance, and each have their own lovely perks.  But in my opinion, there is nothing good about winter from Jan - Mar, unless you're a winter sports person.  It's cold, dark, and snowy.  Not my cup of tea.

So please send Spring sooner than later, Mother Nature.  Pretty puh-lease.

IMG_5511

Comments

  1. I hear ya! Why do you think I left MN a few years ago and never went back (to live, that is)??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugg, I agree with you so much on this subject. I like Winter - at first but then after a month or two it needs to leave! And driving makes me want to scream... especially when the bad commutes start Monday morning and continue into the week - make the week seem endless! I hear you about the outfits... I only own so many sweaters and I really dont want to go by more I just want Winter to end.

    As for the Vitamin D thing... I have really struggled with this the last couple years (something that never bothered me before). I start to have anxiety/depression issues come mid January and the link seems to be Vitamin D Deficiency, lack of daylight and just being cooped up in the house all the time... thankfully I was able to soak up some sun/fresh air in Vegas a few weeks back and that should hold me over until the island in a month! I really dont know that I could survive these long MN Winters if I never got out of this state. Maybe our girls weekend next year needs to be somewhere warm (thinks our husbands would allow that?!?!). Let's keep hoping that Spring comes early (like last year when we have 80's in March already)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, definitely ready for spring. And the wet pants thing KILLS me. Worst part of winter. Well that and all of the sickness that my family keeps getting. Damn winter germs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. Yes. Winter sucks. Germs, sickness, wet pants, slippery driveways and sidewalks, lack of sunlight, lack of exercise/movement, stir craziness, annoying kids who are just BORED with being inside all the damn time, long commutes due to shitty weather, lack of motivation to GET out of the house even when you're going crazy, wet shoes all over my house, UGHUGHUGH. February Sucks. January Sucks. The countdown to April begins...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Winter 2015

Tales of a trip to Brazil, Part 1