Laziness

I have become really good at being lazy.  Like, really good.  I blame it on the weather. 

What?  I’m certainly not 100% responsible. :)

Winter, after the holidays, is typically pretty quiet for us.  There is the occasional get together planned, but most often we are home with not a lot to do.  It’s cold and dark almost all non-working hours, and aside from the necessary grocery shopping or an occasional movie or dinner out, we stay at home.  And often bundle up under our fleece blankets on the couch in front of the TV or with our computers and books. 

Even the laundry, dishes, and cleaning get pushed off as long as possible, even though we certainly have nothing but time on our hands.  Seriously, lazy.  It’s amazing how productive I am only when I’m busy and on a tight schedule.

Last Sunday was the epitome of laziness.  We stayed in our pajamas and watched TV most of the day.  I’m not exaggerating – almost 12 hours of TV.  Two Lifetime movies, 4 episodes of Bar Rescue (my husband’s new favorite show and actually quite addicting), a few other shows we had recorded, and the Amazing Race.  Gah.  Seriously, we only moved to make lunch and dinner and I think load the dishwasher.  Oh, and I did spend an hour on a work project, but did so from the comfort of our couch.

It was glorious, I won’t lie.  Though the last few months have been relatively quiet and lazy, we haven’t spent a whole entire day doing absolutely nothing in a long time.  It felt good, but I was shocked I was glad to get up and shower and out of the house the next day, even if it was for work.

Who knew you could get tired of being lazy. 

With Spring on its way (at least we hope it is), I am already feeling antsy. That’s probably a good thing that our lazy days will be farther and fewer in between.  Our hibernation will end and we’ll be off to more exciting things.  Walks and sunshine and grilling and golfing...it sounds way better than more lazy days on our couch. 

But until Mother Nature actually graces us with real Spring weather, I’m holding down our quiet, lazy fort as I know best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Winter 2015

Day in the Life - Spring 2013