Miscellany

  • Where the heck is spring?  I'm tired of the cold, tired of my sweaters, and I want to start wearing something other than my bulky winter coat.  This is depressing.

  • I'm dog-sitting for my cousin for 10 days, and it's been fun so far.  I have forgotten how nice it is to come home and have someone soooo excited to see you.  This dog is a crazy licker (which I try to avoid), regularly curls up behind my head on the back of the couch and whacks me with his long tail, and loves to have his belly rubbed.  It's been strange living at their house (it's just so much easier than bringing him to our own house with no yard), but I'm very much enjoying the short commute to work and proximity to my old stomping grounds.  We've also gotten to hang out with my parents more since they are only minutes away.

  • I babysat pretty little Mila last Saturday, which was a blast.  She was stunned when she woke up from her nap to me and not her momma.  But there were no tears, just a very serious face until she was warmed up to me.  Lunchtime may have been perfect timing.  :)  It brought me back to my babysitting days, oh 18-20 years ago.  Yikes, I'm old.

  • My mind is already starting to spin with excitement thinking about our trip to Brazil to visit my sister within the next year.  We don't know when exactly we are going, or which places we are going to visit aside from her hometown, but it's time to start thinking about it.  We all know how much I looooove planning trips, big or small.   

  • I've been on a reading kick lately, mostly Antoinette Stockenberg books (contemporary romance).  They are cheap and at least 700 pages long, so they last me awhile.  Except when I read before work, during my lunch hour, and in the evening...in which case they last me two days at best.  My latest thing is to pick up a sandwich at Subway or Jimmy Johns and sit in my car at the library parking lot, in the sun, of course, reading and eating lunch.  I know it may seem silly to be that person that spends lunch hour in the car, but I love it.  It's quiet, it's sunny and warm (my office is about as cold as a freezer), it's a break from my desk, and I can eat and read in peace. 

  • Work is....work.  I don't know yet if I will be traveling anywhere this year.  I hope there is an opportunity to, but we shall see what the higher powers decide.  My projects are expanding all over the world, so I will soon have my first taste of working with Chinese translations and customs.  It makes my job so much more interesting, and I'm learning time and time again that people are people, no matter what part of the earth they live in.  I suppose I've always had an appreciation for the likeness of humankind, but it's refreshing to experience it on a daily basis. 

  • That's about all I can muster up that might be of interest to the interwebs.  Ciao!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Winter 2015

Tales of a trip to Brazil, Part 1