Three years
Three years down, and hopefully another fifty-three or more to go!
Last night we continued our tradition of visiting the Landmark Center, taking photos, and reminiscing over that fabulous day there. I really hope we are doing this 40 years from now.
I spent some time looking at our wedding photos yesterday, and that day feels like just last week and yet also a lifetime ago. I'm so thankful for our photos to jog all the memories I have tucked away from that day.
Like, for example, the moment that Jon smeared cake all over my face.
Or when Alicia admitted to staring at my chest during some photos because she didn't know where else to look. LOL.
Or when we tried to do a fancy twirl (in front of 100+ guests) during our first dance and failed.
Or the endearing moment when Jon walked his grandma down the aisle.
There was the moment Jon thanked everyone for joining us on MY big day. (It's true, it was my day).
And when the Pastor had us do a group hug after we said our vows, because why not.
The food. Oh, the food. I wish I had had the appetite to sit and eat all night.
There was the dreaded bird poop incident.
And jumping in the park.
And unusual requests by the photographer, like surrounding my face with flowers. Not awkward at all.
The drapery that we hemmed and hawed about but eventually added on (thanks Mom), which turned out to be a smart decision and great accent piece.
And let's not forget when my sister told everyone that I used to hit her in the head, repeatedly, to get my way.
Most of all, I remember being surrounded by people I love, celebrating the start of a wonderful life with my husband. No photo necessary to remember this, but I'll close with this one that I love.
Last night we continued our tradition of visiting the Landmark Center, taking photos, and reminiscing over that fabulous day there. I really hope we are doing this 40 years from now.
I spent some time looking at our wedding photos yesterday, and that day feels like just last week and yet also a lifetime ago. I'm so thankful for our photos to jog all the memories I have tucked away from that day.
Like, for example, the moment that Jon smeared cake all over my face.
Or when Alicia admitted to staring at my chest during some photos because she didn't know where else to look. LOL.
Or when we tried to do a fancy twirl (in front of 100+ guests) during our first dance and failed.
Or the endearing moment when Jon walked his grandma down the aisle.
There was the moment Jon thanked everyone for joining us on MY big day. (It's true, it was my day).
And when the Pastor had us do a group hug after we said our vows, because why not.
The food. Oh, the food. I wish I had had the appetite to sit and eat all night.
There was the dreaded bird poop incident.
And jumping in the park.
And unusual requests by the photographer, like surrounding my face with flowers. Not awkward at all.
The drapery that we hemmed and hawed about but eventually added on (thanks Mom), which turned out to be a smart decision and great accent piece.
And let's not forget when my sister told everyone that I used to hit her in the head, repeatedly, to get my way.
Most of all, I remember being surrounded by people I love, celebrating the start of a wonderful life with my husband. No photo necessary to remember this, but I'll close with this one that I love.




Looooooooove this post. Great memories. And I had forgotten so many things about that day. So fun buddy.
ReplyDeleteAlso, your face in that bird poop picture is PRICELESS!
Awe... What fun memories!
ReplyDelete