2014 Photo A Day Project

I've decided to attempt a rather large task this year. 

I'm going to take a photo every day in 2014. 
 
 
I heard about this the other day and thought it was right up my alley.  And fortunately I had already taken at least one photo the previous days since the start of the year!  Yes, this might be just right for me.

The photos won't have to be perfect, or of anything specific.  People, places, things, activities...something from that day.  I'm hoping many will be taken with my actual camera, but I know that my iPhone will come in use more frequently.  They won't all have "professional" quality (I use that term lightly as I am no pro), and some might have had more forethought or intention than others.  I'm giving myself no rules, except to take a photo each day.

At the end of the year, I'm going to compile them in a photo book.  I think it will be a rather unique look back on 2014.

I admit that this project feels really daunting right now.  Though it's technically very easy to take a photo every day with an iPhone, it's the remembering to do it part that has me worried.  I fear that there will be days where I find myself already in bed for the night realizing I hadn't taken a photo yet.  (I wonder how many random photos I'll come up with in those cases).  I also worry about the perfectionist in me.  Knowing this will be put to paper in a book at the end, for all of eternity, I know I'm going to want some amazing, creative, perfect photos.  This might stress me out. 

But I'm up for the challenge, and I'm hoping I can stick with it for the year.  365 photos...easy peasy.  I take that many in one family photo shoot.  :) 

I plan to share each month's photos here on my blog.  I know you'll all be dying to see how my life is represented in these photos.  Right?  Just nod and play along.

So whenever you see me this year, ask me if I've taken my daily photo yet, will you?  Anyone else want to join me in this? You've only missed a few days that you'd have to fudge a little...

Comments

  1. I LOVE this, and have wanted to do something like this for the past few days, but I always forget at the beginning of the year, and end up using that as an excuse. :) I can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be fun to see all your wonderful photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! I want to do it but at the same time I am so far behind on the other 10 shutterfly books I need to make from the past 3 years that I better not commit to doing another one! I can't wait to see your pictures each month and to see the final book!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Winter 2015

Day in the Life - Spring 2013