14 weeks
I'm finally posting in real time. Yesterday I officially reached 14 weeks along.
And I seem to be on an "every two weeks" pattern with updates on the good ol blog, so here I am. I'm not really sure exactly how I feel about belly photos at this point because they are just not flattering for me at all, but I'm thinking they'll be fun to look back on when I'm huge, so here it is.
We announced our news on Facebook (which means most everyone that I know now knows our news), so it feels great to have it out there. The president of our company walked by me the other day, pointed to my belly, gave me a fist pump, and walked away. Ha. Our HR coordinator came over to my desk, asked if I was a hugger (totally am), and then gave me a giant hug. She said she should have known when I had stopped my morning cup of coffee and then just recently went back to decaf. (She's not a crazy coffee stalker, just happens to always be in the kitchen making coffee when I come in in the mornings). I'm back to drinking half decaf/half regular, after 10+ weeks of no caffeine, and expect I'll be on to my allowable 1 cup of regular coffee a day fairly soon. I just looove my hot cup of coffee morning routine. Might as well get the baby used to it now as I'm pretty sure caffeine and I are going to be really good friends in 6 months.
My bump is growing at exponential speeds it seems, which I'm trying to not make very obvious but it's getting harder by the day. I have yet to wear any maternity clothes, but I think it's not far off and suppose I'd better start stocking up. My sister brought home some maternity tops for me to borrow, which is awesome to have. I never really thought about it until recently, but having to buy a whole new wardrobe for such a short period of time kind of blows.
We are both already talking to the baby daily, which is sort of silly since the baby can't technically recognize our voices yet for another 6 weeks. But we're doing it, and it makes me feel happy.
And today is Jon's first Father's Day, which is pretty dang cool as well. :)
And I seem to be on an "every two weeks" pattern with updates on the good ol blog, so here I am. I'm not really sure exactly how I feel about belly photos at this point because they are just not flattering for me at all, but I'm thinking they'll be fun to look back on when I'm huge, so here it is.
We announced our news on Facebook (which means most everyone that I know now knows our news), so it feels great to have it out there. The president of our company walked by me the other day, pointed to my belly, gave me a fist pump, and walked away. Ha. Our HR coordinator came over to my desk, asked if I was a hugger (totally am), and then gave me a giant hug. She said she should have known when I had stopped my morning cup of coffee and then just recently went back to decaf. (She's not a crazy coffee stalker, just happens to always be in the kitchen making coffee when I come in in the mornings). I'm back to drinking half decaf/half regular, after 10+ weeks of no caffeine, and expect I'll be on to my allowable 1 cup of regular coffee a day fairly soon. I just looove my hot cup of coffee morning routine. Might as well get the baby used to it now as I'm pretty sure caffeine and I are going to be really good friends in 6 months.
My bump is growing at exponential speeds it seems, which I'm trying to not make very obvious but it's getting harder by the day. I have yet to wear any maternity clothes, but I think it's not far off and suppose I'd better start stocking up. My sister brought home some maternity tops for me to borrow, which is awesome to have. I never really thought about it until recently, but having to buy a whole new wardrobe for such a short period of time kind of blows.
We are both already talking to the baby daily, which is sort of silly since the baby can't technically recognize our voices yet for another 6 weeks. But we're doing it, and it makes me feel happy.
And today is Jon's first Father's Day, which is pretty dang cool as well. :)
Happy Father's Day to Jon! Keep up the tummy pics (if you want my opinion!). I didn't take many which I now regret! Once your babies are grown you can always borrow someone else's baby when you miss that phase, but you can't just get that pregnancy feeling back. That sounds really strange, but maybe you get it... :)
ReplyDelete