Seeing as it is almost July, I figured I should get to arranging my May photos. No need to get too far behind, or I'll never make it the rest of the year.
Wait! You don't post all of these to Instagram so I don't know the stories behind them. Like what's #21? Hearing baby's heartbeat? And yeah for me making it in yo a pic, and double yeah for first tummy pic!
Time for another 'Day in the Life' post! I have only done a few of these over the past couple of years, but decided that this year I'd set out to have one from each season of 2015 to look back on. Probably all because of Carter, because time is flying by and I want to capture as much as I can of this point in our lives. I get such a kick out of reading my winter DITL post when Carter was a wee 6 weeks old. Oh how things have changed, and how I've forgotten! So? Here I am for the Spring edition. Click over to My Life in Transition to see the other DITL participants! Saturday, April 11, 2015 Carter is 17 weeks old, just one day shy of 4 months 12:08am | I hear Carter cry and stumble out of bed. It's a good thing we rearranged our room and my side of the bed is now the closest to the door. His eyes are still closed, but he wants his pacifier. I plug it in his mouth and he settles instantly. 1:25am | Ugh, more cries. When do you learn to put the pacifier bac...
I wasn't sure I would do another Day in the Life so soon, but if I've learned anything these last 5+ weeks, it's that time is scarily fleeting with a newborn, and I want to bottle up as many memories as I can. Even the not-so-pretty ones. So here it goes! Wednesday, January 21, 2015 Carter is 5 weeks, 5 days old. Jon and I are...old. 2:00am | I wake to crying and realize I am on the couch. It takes me a minute to remember why I'm downstairs and not in bed. Oh yes, Jon woke me shortly before midnight to tell me that Carter was sound asleep in his bouncer downstairs, but that he himself needed to get to bed (he works, so I try to take on nighttime duties). So I stumbled downstairs and crashed on the couch. Carter is now crying, 5 hours after his last feeding! Pretty remarkable. I grab the munchkin, chuckle at his adorable quivering lower lip, and get myself situated on the couch to nurse. He screams as I am just not moving fast enough for his liking, and starts ...
Two mornings ago, I sat in warm, beautiful Brazil, sipping a cup of coffee and watching my 6-week-old nephew kick around on his play mat, visiting with my family. Now I'm sitting here, at 5am because my body feels like it's at least 8 or 9am, with a fleece blanket and sweatshirt, shaking my head at the forecast for another snowstorm. I want the first morning view back!!! I honestly woke up expecting to be in N's nursery. To say I was disappointed to realize I wasn't, and that I have to go back to work after 13 days off, is putting it mildly. Our trip to Brazil felt like a whirlwind, like the days were put in fast forward mode, and yet, oddly enough, it was also a refreshingly long and glorious trip. I had not given much thought to the snow, the responsibilities, or the schedules back home, until our last morning. I embraced the moment, being there with my family, and set everything else aside to make the most of it. It ...
Wait! You don't post all of these to Instagram so I don't know the stories behind them. Like what's #21? Hearing baby's heartbeat? And yeah for me making it in yo a pic, and double yeah for first tummy pic!
ReplyDeleteNope sorry I don't post them all on IG. Yes, 21 was hearing the baby's heartbeat for the first time. :)
Delete