34 weeks

33 and 34 weeks in the nursery, which is coming along slowly.

By now, baby is the size of a cantaloupe! At our ultrasound two weeks ago, baby's weight was estimated to be 4lbs 4oz, give or take 11oz. Which just proves there's no accuracy in it at all. Baby is measuring at the 62 percentile, which also doesn't mean much, except offering a little relief in knowing I'm likely not having the most giant baby around town. At our last u/s the tech showed us the baby's growth rates over the last 3 scans, and our little one's measurements fit right within the ideal rates. All that protein and other nutrients I'm trying to get seems to be doing baby just great. (We'll pretend the Halloween candy is too, since I just ate a TON). 

The most important news for this update is that I no longer have marginal placenta previa! This means I can proceed safely with trying for a med-free, natural birth. Yeah, med-free...we're going for it. I have nothing against anyone choosing an epidural or other meds; I just feel that for me the benefits of staying med-free outweigh any temporary pain I'll experience. I might be eating my words afterwards, but that's the plan. So yes, three cheers for a shifting placenta! It's a safe 2.70cm from my cervix, which we couldn't have been happier to see.

I also had our first baby shower, hosted by Alicia with several other friends helping out with food and games and such. It was such a lovely afternoon, and I couldn't have felt more loved and blessed. Baby received a lot of beautiful gifts, and Mom and Dad some very important practical items. I'll post more about this day later.

Baby Center tells me that "now's the time to slow down and save up your energy for labor day (and beyond)" and I will welcome this suggestion wholeheartedly. I'm starting to feel the exhaustion again that plagued me (and most women) first trimester. Except this time around, I have a huge belly, active baby, acid reflux, heartburn, swelling, poor sleep, and a few other issues that shall go unmentioned also at play. Thank goodness I get to meet my baby soon!

This child's movements have grown to be quite powerful. He/she is probably nearing their birth length already, so I imagine quarters are cramped. I can't really blame him/her for stretching their legs out into the very corners of my uterus. It usually tickles, but I recall one evening of repeated kicks that weren't so pleasant. At least it's not my ribs (yet).

Nesting has started in small waves. A couple of evenings ago, I was laying on the couch tired beyond belief, debating whether I should nap or not. Suddenly, I had the urge to clean, and within 20 minutes the dishwasher was unloaded and reloaded, the counters and stove cleaned, the floors swept and mopped, and a fresh load of laundry was in. I honestly have no idea where that wave of energy came from, considering I haaaate all of those tasks. Then it was back to my usual...the couch. :)

Happy birthday to Daddy! I just adore the relationship these two already have, and they haven't even met yet.

Comments

  1. You are possibly the cutest pregnant lady ever! And that picture of Jon and his baby (belly) is just so precious! I can't wait to see him with his son or daughter, he is going to rock this daddy thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Winter 2015

Tales of a trip to Brazil, Part 1