35/35 Milestone

35 weeks down, 35 days to go.  (To our official due date).



Wow. For some reason I have been super excited to reach this milestone. I'm a sucker for moments like these where numbers align creatively in perfect harmony. 11:11am? I make wishes and expect them to come true (though my logical side usually catches up and acknowledges that the numbers on a clock can't control my life in that way). I recall 12/12/12 was the most awesome day ever and I also made a wish. Spoiler: it came true! The fact that our due date is 12/13/14 is just the ultimate icing on the cake. Even crazier would be if the baby was born that day.

So yes, 35 days to go to our due date. I've said it before, but I really mean it now that things are getting really real. I'd love for baby to stay put for another few weeks, but knowing that 'D' Day could potentially be any time now it so exciting and nerve-wracking. We are mostly 'physically ready' for baby, thanks to some very generous gifts - we just need to install car seat bases, wash a few newborn clothes, get some NB diapers, and finish packing the hospital bag. Of course I have a longer list of things, such as freezer meals, a good house-cleaning, organizing the nursery, thank you notes, etc, but frankly we'd be fine if baby arrived before they are complete.

Are we 'emotionally/mentally ready'? Maybe.

I really, really, really cannot wait to meet this baby and have him/her here in my arms. I've dreamt of it for a long time now. But it still feels so surreal, despite the constant reminders in my belly that there is in fact a baby there. This is my son or daughter, forever. My focus and purpose in life is changing. And I have no way to really prepare for or anticipate what that really means. I suppose that is the beauty in this thing called parenthood, not knowing exactly how the next phase will be or feel. (or perhaps they call this blissful ignorance?)

This weekend we are up at Breezy Point for a little Babymoon. It's cold, the place is swarming with hockey families, and resort activities are limited to swimming and eating. That's fine, we are here to relax and sleep in and spend time together, away from our to-do lists and other responsibilities. I just stuffed my face with cheese popcorn (impulse buy) and we are curled up watching Friends reruns, so yeah, we are doing well so far.

Comments

  1. I can't wait either!! It's getting so close. You guys will be such great, loving parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hearing about your nesting brings back such memories! For some reason packing my hospital bag was always a favorite thing to do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Winter 2015

Tales of a trip to Brazil, Part 1