Easter fun

I found myself really looking forward to this Easter. I suspect I'll feel the same way about all holidays now. That's not to say that I didn't enjoy holidays pre-kid, but children definitely put a new spin on things for sure. Now the family time that I have always adored is just that much more enhanced with Carter included.

I spent a couple weeks looking for the perfect Easter outfit for my little man. I have to admit, I was deeply jealous of all the adorable little girl dresses and outfits. The cute "Easter" boy clothes I kept finding were all shorts, or ridiculously expensive. I wasn't about to spend $50+ on an outfit that surely he would poop through before the end of the day. Plus, we had two Easter celebrations to dress for.

I ended up finding a cute onesie with a tie on it in the hand-me-downs from friends. (Seriously, it's been like Christmas every couple months as I sort through the next size up). And then I found a similar onesie shopping, so I decided I was set for both days. Turns out, they were super cute on him and my desire to dress him up was fulfilled.

I also purchased an Easter basket for him, though only because they were half off and I had time to spare before getting home. I knew he wont get it for a couple years. But, there's no time like the present, and so I took a few photos of him with his first basket. As I suspected, he was underwhelmed. And tried to eat the fake grass. But the bright colors were enthralling.

On Saturday we celebrated with my parents, as Jon's extended family gets together on Easter and trying to squeeze in two events in one day is hard. We first went over to Lake Elmo park reserve to check it out and go for a walk. I had hoped for warmer weather, but alas there was none. I had also hoped to get some family photos there, as we don't have many of the 3 of us. We found the warmest part of the trail that was protected from the wind, and we woke poor Carter from a lovely warm slumber. (Yeah, I wasn't proud of that...but I wanted photos!) We took a few photos, though I haven't looked at them yet to see how they turned out. I'd call this being lazy, except with this nasty cold I am spent by the time Carter is asleep and bottles are washed and dinner is had. I will find out soon I'm sure. 

Then we went back to our house and grilled chicken, watched the NCAA Final Four, and played with Carter. It was a nice day.



Sunday we went to church (our new church where we are now official members), and ended up in the back kids room not because we thought Carter would be loud but because we were running so late getting ready that that was the only space available. Carter slept through half of the service in his car seat, then looked around the rest of the time. Then it was off to Jon's grandma's!

We had a nice time visiting with family. Carter was snatched from my arms and made his way around the room most of the day, aside from a nap in my arms. He woke from that nap screaming his head off, I think because he was so overheated. Grandma lives in a mobile home, and keeps her thermostat at 80 degrees. With 20 people and the oven on in a very small space, with windows that don't open, you can imagine how hot it got. So Carter got naked, and there was blissful silence.

I had to laugh when Grandma kept trying to cover him up with his burp rag, as if it were a blanket and he was cold. I love these little moments that Carter has with his only living great-grandma. So blessed.

I didn't take any photos of Carter with his Grandma Sue. Major Mama fail.

All in all, it was a really nice weekend. We missed my sister and her family, who we'd normally Skype with, but they were off traveling to exotic places and feeding elephants.

Side note: Did I ever mention that my nephew now says 'auntie'?!!! Makes my heart swell with pride, even though he may not realize that means me. ;) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Fall 2015

Annabel - 18 months