My boy
I take a lot of photos of my boy. I may be a bit obsessive about it, in fact. I don't feel like I've gotten to the point that I'm missing out on real life because I'm trying to photograph it, but I'm probably dangerously close. My iPhone usually attached to me, and I can't shake the desire to want to capture every single cute and sweet moment for all prosperity. After all, this life is short, and the moments pass by fast. (That same argument could be made for why I shouldn't waste my time taking so many photos).
But I'm finding a balance, and I think it's a healthy one. And, I have a LOT of photos that are stored on my computer but I'm not doing much else with. I stopped subjecting my Facebook friends to evey single cute photo of my baby and am now being much more selective about my sharing. (Especially since my FB community includes a whole lot of distant and random contacts that I don't want to share everything with). BUT there are so many moments I've photographed that I do want to capture somewhere.
So, here it goes.
First, this is an example of how close I am to going overboard with photo taking. BUT, it was only a 3 minute span, and I was trying to capture the rich blue in his eyes. Fail. They always look so much bluer in person. I ended up keeping 5 of these, but let me tell you...selecting only 5 was hard. I mean, look at that cute mug!
Tummy time! I usually have to direct my husband to take a photo of me with him, which sort of takes the magic out of some moments, but I don't want his childhood to be only captured "with Daddy." Or selfies of just our faces. If I have to ask for them, so be it. (Though I secretly wish hubby would just *get* it and do without asking).
This one makes me laugh. I set him here before bedtime while I closed his window. He seemed so confused, and I can imagine him thinking, "Mama, what's going on? I'm supposed to be on your lap, not you staring at me. Where's my milk?"
Carter and I had the loveliest moment a couple weeks ago. Like sublimely perfect. While everyone was moving Jon's cousin into her new house, Carter and I hung out in her living room and entertained people as they took breaks. Here I was laying next to Carter when he snuggled his face into mine and grabbed on to my cheek. I started chanting,"Let's go to sleep!" quietly in his ear (As if it were that easy). He started giggling away! I then kissed his ears and he roared with belly laughter, never moving his face more than an inch away from mine. We repeated this for about 10 minutes, forgetting about anyone else in the room. It was such a beautiful moment.
What's the deal with baptism hats anyway? He can't wear it during the ceremony. But I guess he can look darling afterwards.
My first Mother's Day gift from Carter (aka daycare). Those are his tiny little handprints as flowers! Barb is so thoughtful and sweet to be including Carter in on these projects. I certainly wouldn't blame her if she just focused her crafts with the older kids, but oh how I love that she doesn't.
Speaking of Barb, she occasionally sends me sweet photos of my boy, and they make my day. Though I've acknowledged that I am probably not cut out to be a full time SAHM, I'm still having a really hard time being away from him 11 hours a day. Seeing him thriving at daycare, while already knowing it deep down, takes the sting away just a bit. But still. I miss him something severe.
I could smooch his cheeks all day long. Note my super annoying new 'side bangs' that are not really bangs and must be held by a bobby pin now. I could go back and get them fixed to my liking, but at this point I'm already annoyed with hair in my face and think I should just grow these out.
We have a mover! He is suddenly doing a cross between an army crawl and an inchworm move, and woah boy. Can't leave baby boy alone on the floor now, until we baby proof anyway. I'm feeling a little trepidation for this next stage, as I know once he really starts moving he will never stop. The kid has energy, and already rarely sits still. Slow down! Let mama gather up her energy!
We have taken him out to eat a number of times now, and he is so good! Usually just sits in his seat and stares, smiles, and chews on whatever he can. He is watching us very carefully as we eat and drink, so I'm guessing he's going to be interested in starting solids sooner than later. We bought him his first food (sweet potato and green beans) so we are ready for whenever we bite the bullet and start solids!
That dang giant TV. He actually doesn't stare at it much these days when we have it on, and I'm not feeling as anxious about the little moments he does. But yeah, he knows it's there. Mother's Day photo for the win! (We got a couple good photos after this, but this one makes me laugh). Also note my latest craft project. Shout out to my sister for finding the idea.
Carter looooooves the mirror. No matter what, he breaks into his famous giant, open-mouthed smile. I clearly need to work on my aim, but I have to be quick or he will try to grab my phone and slobber all over it.


















Love this post! He is such a little cutie, I can't even handle it! And I totally understand the whole idea of always wanting to capture every little moment in pictures.... you are not alone :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! I LOVE these photos and that smile of his! Enjoy the photo taking now...if he's anything like his cousin he will stop the smiles as soon as you pull out the phone and want to play with it instead!
ReplyDeleteI love, love, love all the pictures. keep taking them.
ReplyDelete