40 weeks of Carter

My itty bitty boy is growing fast.

Yes, I am that insane mother, over-documenting my child's life and going nuts over comparisons and reflections and growth. But I went to the trouble of getting a photo of him every. single. week, so I had to do SOMETHING with them.

And really, it's such a trip to look at this 40-week span of his life. Even more so than my 40 week pregnancy belly growth.

My thoughts:
  • Holy cow.
  • I really want to snuggle that 1-week-old baby again, although I am seriously infatuated with my 41-weeker and all that he is today. 
  • I can see his head-tilt phase here, the one that had me panicking so in the early months. Thank goodness that worked itself out.
  • No exact repeat outfits, which is amazing considering it was not usually on my mind. 
  • I can't believe how much his hair has grown.
  • Out of 40 weeks, there were only 2 in which he was clearly unhappy that I can see. And we didn't do any retakes - this was a "whatever we get, we get" project. (Hence several in PJs). Which means this kid is statistically happy 95% of the time. Sounds about right.
  • I love that his wide-open smile hasn't changed a bit. 
  • Socks...how nice it's been to not deal with them. 
  • I'm going to pretend I'm not bothered that the blanket is not perfectly spread out every week (35, I'm looking at you - you make him look longer than he was). 
  • I'll also pretend the lighting on 27 weeks doesn't bother me either. 
  • Oh, how easy it was to get these photos in the beginning. The second he learned to roll from back to front, this became a two-man project (one to distract him enough to stay still, the other to take the photo).
  • He's getting so close to being ONE. Hold me...
  • I love him more and more every single day. Who knew that was even possible, given the instant love we had upon meeting?








And because outtakes are always fun...

Lots of yawns and sneezes and funny faces in the early days.

And noticing the TV on behind him.

And not staying still.

Comments

  1. Loving all the pictures you post on your blogs. so fun. I especially like the kissing one on a previous blog. so funny. I miss my little Carter!! Not so little anymore. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Winter 2015

Tales of a trip to Brazil, Part 1