Day in the Life - Fall 2016
I haven't done one of these for a year now, and with how crazy fast our lives are changing (with a toddler) I decided I definitely wanted to document what life was like right now.
Linking up to My Life in Transition!
--------
Saturday, October 15, 2016
Jon 37, Lisa 36, Carter 22 months, Baby #2 20 weeks in gestation.
1:30am | (I hate to start with this as my first of the day but, I'm pregnant, and this is real life) I get up to use the bathroom. I'm proud I made it 4 hours!
5:40am | I wake in a startle to "Mama! Maaamaaa!" and think it is way too early. Why can't he sleep until 6:30 like last weekend? By the time I awkwardly roll over (already, and I'm not even that big yet) and look at the monitor, he is laying back down and quiet. Perhaps he got the hint that this is way too early.
5:50am | Nope. More shouting for me, so I get up and stumble into his room. Phone in hand, I remember, to document this day! He immediately orders for his sleepsack to be "OFF, Mama" so I unzip it for him and he maneuvers out of it. Then he insists for more "mee" (pacifier) and I tell him he certainly has enough with one in his mouth and one in each hand. He smiles.
He insists on "Book, Mama" and more particularly Elmo so we sit down and read it. It's way too advanced of a storyline for him, but he never notices when I skip pages or say hardly anything (I'll enjoy that while I can). Then I change his diaper, after some serious convincing to lay still. He knows he gets to watch Paw Patrol afterwards, so it's usually enough of an incentive to listen.
6:00am | We head downstairs, grab a sippy with milk, turn on one of the Paw Patrol episodes we have saved, and curl up on the couch together. It's one of my favorite moments of a weekend morning. Unfortunately, this morning he already caught sight of some doughnuts Jon must have brought home last night and immediately insists he needs "cake." Fortunately TV draws him away from that idea (for now). We watch the show for a few minutes before he's predictably up and running to the cupboard where his precious Little Bite muffins are. He jumps and screams, "Muff!" and giggles with glee when I lift him up so he can grab a package. I settle him in his chair with his muffins and milk while I lay on the couch and play on my phone. (My second favorite moment of a weekend morning. Ha.) I look up the recipe for Crack Chicken, something I am craving for tonight, and realize we need cream cheese. Looks like we will be making a trip to Target this morning.
Not long after, he has inhaled his muffins and I clean him up so we can play. We also turn to a music channel after his one show is done. I try to clean up some of his toys from the night before (this mama was too tired to do it then) but I should know better. He dumps them out almost immediately. I concede and we pretend to eat his fake food. Then Carter finds his toiletry bag and pulls out the thermometer and sticks it down his shirt. I had no idea he remembered how that works!
6:45am | It's definitely coffee time, so per our usual Carter helps me make my cup. He takes out a mug, sets it underneath, opens the pod holder and pulls out the old one, waits for me to point out which new pod I want, puts it in and pushes the start button. Someday I won't need to be at his side and he can serve me properly!
I also decide those doughnuts are calling my name, so I sit down with a doughnut and my coffee. Little hands are close by, itching to grab the "cake" once I take my photo. And they do, and I'm soon wrestling a toddler while he crumbles half of my doughnut all over our living room carpet. UGH. I eventually win and move to the table where we both sit down and chow away. Carter has never been happier. Ok, I'm sure he has been, but this sure did seem to make his day.
I smell something shortly after, and ask Carter to lay down so I can change his diaper. Lately he's been doing this willingly...today he makes it a bit more challenging.

7:15am | Mission accomplished, finally, and I decide I should get in the shower. We had planned to go to the apple orchard that morning, and if I was also going to make it over to Target I needed to get moving. I settle Carter in our bedroom with sleeping Jon and one more episode of Paw Patrol while I jump in the shower. Carter actually lets me shower without sobbing outside the door, which is a first in MONTHS. Or perhaps ever. Hooray for progress! Also, a bit show-off-ey for DITL, no?
As I do my hair (no washing today) Carter insists on dry shampoo in his hair as well, so I pretend to spray some for him. He tousles his hair and then digs in the closet while I finish getting ready.
I get Carter dressed for the day and ask him to go get some socks while I finish getting ready, and low and behold he comes back with two (non-matching) socks from his drawer. I'm still amazed at how much he comprehends!

8:00am | We tell Jon our plans and head out to Target. Carter asks to walk, so I take him out of the cart and let him run. The beauty of a quiet Saturday morning Target. He stops frequently to say hello to photos of people on packages, plays with a few toys, starts crawling on displays, and I coax him back into the cart with the promise of a snack. He proceeds to dump the entire bag of cheese-its all over the cart and floor. So much for that snack.
We discover the dairy section is closed due to a power outage and I almost cry. All I need is cream cheese! Fortunately, a worker offers to look in back, and comes out with some for me. We buy a couple other groceries and then head home. Carter screams "Hoooooome" as we turn into our neighborhood, and again I am amazed at what he picks up.
9:00am | I check the radar and it does look like there is rain coming. Even if it doesn't hit us, it's dark and dreary out and just not what I was hoping for with a morning at the orchard, so I scrap those plans. We will figure out something else to bide our morning. Carter and I both need some real breakfast, so I make some scrambled eggs while Carter sits on the counter nearby (terrible habit we started) and eats strawberries.
We have a mostly nice breakfast, and I am pleased as punch that Carter again does not fight me sitting in his own chair. More progress! He starts whining for "Quack quack" which is a duck YouTube video he's obsessed with, so I turn it on for him while I finish up some dishes. Whatever gets it done.


9:30am | Jon is up and getting ready (he was out late with a friend, and being the awesome wife I am, I let him sleep in), and Carter is getting really squirrely. I decide to take him out for a little walk, since the rain does appear to be holding off. We wander around our neighborhood walking paths, and Carter points out a rock that weeks ago had water sitting in its crevice is "all gone." Good observation buddy. I follow as he runs about, enjoying the fresh air. We end up back in our house, where Carter pulls out every sand toy he owns and sprawls them about our driveway.
10:30am | Back inside, Carter sees Jon eating a doughnut and proclaims "I wan sum" so the two of them sit down at his little table and eat. This kid is going to be running on sugar today.
Then we decide to head over to the pumpkin patch not far from our house. Carter is interestingly scared at first, but soon falls in the dirt and realizes how fun it is. From there on out, he finds all the dirt he can get his hands on, and loves every minute. He is not very cooperative with photos, but I do manage to get a couple decent ones. We select a few pumpkins, and Carter ends up riding a kiddie JD tractor that we can't pull him off of. Literally. He has such a grip on the wheel that would not give. The owner tells us we can push him to our car in it, explaining other families have had to do the same. Goodness.



12:00pm | Back at home, and I make lunch. For Carter, a corndog, carrots, and some beans. For Jon and me, leftover chili and corn bread muffins. Again, it's a mostly nice meal, thanks to the fact that Carter willingly sits in his own chair again. (Placemat for the win, I think!). Carter insists I butter the breading on his corndog (as he watches us do to our corn muffins). Eww. He smashes most of his beans between his fingers, eats part of one carrot, and inhales the buttered corn breading from his corndog and proclaims "all done." Better than some meals lately.
During lunch we witness Carter counting to 10 all by himself! Just a little encouragement when he reaches 5. Holy crap. I didn't know he could do this! Proud Mama moment, and I almost Instagram it. Decide against it.
12:30pm | Nap time! I bring Carter upstairs, give him his three pacifiers and blanket, and put him in his crib. He rolls around a bit and seems to settle quickly. I have a few chocolates and park myself on the couch with my laptop to start typing up our day. Jon is watching Tiny House Hunters, and interrupts me about 800 times telling me some ridiculous thing from the show. I remind him many times that I am trying to concentrate to get this post going, since it's due tomorrow, but the talking continues. (If you know my husband, this won't surprise you).

After an hour or so, and I am almost caught up to real time, I decide I'd better relax and enjoy some downtime before the rugrat wakes up. A blanket, a few more chocolates, and some dumb TV does the trick. I feel Baby start kicking and moving around, and think to myself, "Oh yeah, I'm pregnant." I forget way more often than I did with the first.
Jon comes up with the brilliant idea that we find a babysitter and go to a movie tonight. He talks to his mom, who happens to be out driving with his dad looking at fall colors and should be back in our area later in the evening. They will let us know if they will make it back in time.
2:45pm | Carter is awake and shouts for me. Jon goes up to get him, as I muster up some energy to get moving again. They come downstairs, and I squeeze him so tight, as we often do post nap. Jon sets Carter up with a snack (yogurt melts) while I decide to dive into a couple of massive bins of toddler clothes a friend gifted us. Holy smokes, I can't believe how awesome it is to inherit more clothes, especially when I had just realized our stock of 2T winter clothes was slim. Then Carter insists I read to him, and I notice Jon is laying on the couch playing on his phone. Hmmm. Rest time is over, Sir. I take a snotty picture at his feet and text it to him. :)

3:30pm | My sister texts to say they are free to Skype now if we want to. Um, YES! I tell Carter we are going to Skype them and he goes nuts and shouts "Baby!" over and over. He sits patiently on my lap while I power up the computer, and grins the second our videos connect. My nephew N greets us with a giant grin. The two boys act silly, mimicking each other, while my sister and I try to catch up. Her youngest, A, decides he's hungry and starts talking up a storm, so much so that we can't even hear each other talk. Once he has a bottle, we are good to go again. Seeing them all (brother-in-law included briefly) makes my day. Those adorable faces!!


4:30pm | Carter needs another "nack" apparently, so he eats some crackers. I catch another glimpse of the stunning trees outside our house and wonder why in the heck we waited 6 years to buy a glass door. The added view makes such a difference in our townhouse.

For the millionth time in our lives, Carter asks, "Mama, cook" which means to carry him (doesn't matter how many times we correct him!) so he can look at the Holiday cards on our door from last year. He points to faces and we have to recite their names. It is the most boring thing ever, but it is helping him learn who people are. I ask him where Olive is and he finds her immediately. Just setting the stage for their future love, you know. :)
Carter is bouncing off the walls (and Jon) so I ask him if he wants to go for a walk. He waves his arms in the air and shouts, "YES" so we do the shoes/jacket/water preparations. Jon chooses to stay back, which annoys me. I know he probably wants to nap, but he says he's going to clean up the kitchen and empty the dishwasher, which lessens my annoyance.
Once outside, we run into our neighbor and her dog, and end up walking with them. She joins us at the park, where a zillion older children are running around playing some sort of sandman tag game. Not ideal for a toddler park, nor the couple of toddlers trying to climb up to slide down. But Carter is thrilled to watch these big kids, so I spend most of the time watching him watch them. Jon calls to tell me his parents will be over at 6pm and our movie night is a go. Yay!

5:30pm | We walk back into the door and our neighbor friend texts that she and her son are going outside to play. Outside again we go, as Carter seemed sad about not seeing "Meh" (not his name, not even close). The boys run to each other with grins, and then subsequently into each others' garages to raid their toys. Too bad for "Meh" that we don't have nearly as many for him to choose from as he does. The boys play while we visit.

Our neighbor brings out her son's plate of food that he had refused to eat, and Carter pulls me to her door telling me he needs "mo' foo." Oops, sorry for holding out on dinner, buddy.
6:00pm | Grandma and Grandpa arrive! Carter races 3 houses down to greet them when they exit their car, and then returns to the neighbors and says, "Bye" all on his own accord. He means serious business with saying "bye." We go inside and I'm thrilled to see Jon DID do the dishes! I scramble to make Carter some dinner before we have to leave. Grilled cheese, strawberries (again) and corn. He inhales it while we say our goodbyes. I snap a quick picture of him (for this post) and my mother-in-law chuckles at me. I briefly explain why I took the photo, but I'm sure she still thinks it's a bit strange! I realize we have like one minute before we need to head out, so I take a quick peek in the mirror and call it good (enough). I'm sure I have stains on my shirt from Carter's grubby hands, and my makeup has worn off, but oh well. Oh how priorities have changed.

And we're off! Impromptu date night. I love it.
I buy a popcorn and eat the entire thing before the previews start. Eh. I hadn't eaten since lunch. We see The Girl on the Train, and it's excellent! I read the book, and was happy with how they interpreted it for film. Jon also loves the movie.

Afterwards, we stop at Applebees for late night happy hour, and happily devour some food. 9:30pm is much too late for this pregnant lady to eat dinner, but it hits the spot.

10:30pm | We are back home and get the lowdown on their evening. We learn that Carter insisted on reading about 15 books before bedtime and that his hearing (ice machine from upstairs) is impressive. Nice. We ask if they are willing to take some furniture back to their house to store it for us, as we are busting out of our seams right now. And trying to clear our third bedroom. They generously agree, so we send Jon's grandma's sewing machine and desk, which had been shoved in the corner of our dining room since we inherited it for lack of a better space. I look forward to the day we have the space that I could set that up and learn how to sew. I now have to worry about Carter messing around with our wine rack, but am so very thrilled to have that big thing out of our small space.
11:00pm | Say goodbye to the in-laws and head upstairs. I notice that my bump is looking insanely huge right now and take a 20-week photo. I'm only half way? Granted a good portion of that was probably the mozzarella sticks and quesadillas I inhaled earlier.

I make the bed, arrange my 3 pillows (one for head, one on each side of me), wash my face, put on nighttime moisturizer, and crawl into bed. One quick check at Carter in the monitor, and I'm out.
The end!
Linking up to My Life in Transition!
--------
Saturday, October 15, 2016
Jon 37, Lisa 36, Carter 22 months, Baby #2 20 weeks in gestation.
1:30am | (I hate to start with this as my first of the day but, I'm pregnant, and this is real life) I get up to use the bathroom. I'm proud I made it 4 hours!
5:40am | I wake in a startle to "Mama! Maaamaaa!" and think it is way too early. Why can't he sleep until 6:30 like last weekend? By the time I awkwardly roll over (already, and I'm not even that big yet) and look at the monitor, he is laying back down and quiet. Perhaps he got the hint that this is way too early.
5:50am | Nope. More shouting for me, so I get up and stumble into his room. Phone in hand, I remember, to document this day! He immediately orders for his sleepsack to be "OFF, Mama" so I unzip it for him and he maneuvers out of it. Then he insists for more "mee" (pacifier) and I tell him he certainly has enough with one in his mouth and one in each hand. He smiles.
He insists on "Book, Mama" and more particularly Elmo so we sit down and read it. It's way too advanced of a storyline for him, but he never notices when I skip pages or say hardly anything (I'll enjoy that while I can). Then I change his diaper, after some serious convincing to lay still. He knows he gets to watch Paw Patrol afterwards, so it's usually enough of an incentive to listen.
6:00am | We head downstairs, grab a sippy with milk, turn on one of the Paw Patrol episodes we have saved, and curl up on the couch together. It's one of my favorite moments of a weekend morning. Unfortunately, this morning he already caught sight of some doughnuts Jon must have brought home last night and immediately insists he needs "cake." Fortunately TV draws him away from that idea (for now). We watch the show for a few minutes before he's predictably up and running to the cupboard where his precious Little Bite muffins are. He jumps and screams, "Muff!" and giggles with glee when I lift him up so he can grab a package. I settle him in his chair with his muffins and milk while I lay on the couch and play on my phone. (My second favorite moment of a weekend morning. Ha.) I look up the recipe for Crack Chicken, something I am craving for tonight, and realize we need cream cheese. Looks like we will be making a trip to Target this morning.
Not long after, he has inhaled his muffins and I clean him up so we can play. We also turn to a music channel after his one show is done. I try to clean up some of his toys from the night before (this mama was too tired to do it then) but I should know better. He dumps them out almost immediately. I concede and we pretend to eat his fake food. Then Carter finds his toiletry bag and pulls out the thermometer and sticks it down his shirt. I had no idea he remembered how that works!
6:45am | It's definitely coffee time, so per our usual Carter helps me make my cup. He takes out a mug, sets it underneath, opens the pod holder and pulls out the old one, waits for me to point out which new pod I want, puts it in and pushes the start button. Someday I won't need to be at his side and he can serve me properly!
I also decide those doughnuts are calling my name, so I sit down with a doughnut and my coffee. Little hands are close by, itching to grab the "cake" once I take my photo. And they do, and I'm soon wrestling a toddler while he crumbles half of my doughnut all over our living room carpet. UGH. I eventually win and move to the table where we both sit down and chow away. Carter has never been happier. Ok, I'm sure he has been, but this sure did seem to make his day.
I smell something shortly after, and ask Carter to lay down so I can change his diaper. Lately he's been doing this willingly...today he makes it a bit more challenging.

7:15am | Mission accomplished, finally, and I decide I should get in the shower. We had planned to go to the apple orchard that morning, and if I was also going to make it over to Target I needed to get moving. I settle Carter in our bedroom with sleeping Jon and one more episode of Paw Patrol while I jump in the shower. Carter actually lets me shower without sobbing outside the door, which is a first in MONTHS. Or perhaps ever. Hooray for progress! Also, a bit show-off-ey for DITL, no?
As I do my hair (no washing today) Carter insists on dry shampoo in his hair as well, so I pretend to spray some for him. He tousles his hair and then digs in the closet while I finish getting ready.
I get Carter dressed for the day and ask him to go get some socks while I finish getting ready, and low and behold he comes back with two (non-matching) socks from his drawer. I'm still amazed at how much he comprehends!

8:00am | We tell Jon our plans and head out to Target. Carter asks to walk, so I take him out of the cart and let him run. The beauty of a quiet Saturday morning Target. He stops frequently to say hello to photos of people on packages, plays with a few toys, starts crawling on displays, and I coax him back into the cart with the promise of a snack. He proceeds to dump the entire bag of cheese-its all over the cart and floor. So much for that snack.
We discover the dairy section is closed due to a power outage and I almost cry. All I need is cream cheese! Fortunately, a worker offers to look in back, and comes out with some for me. We buy a couple other groceries and then head home. Carter screams "Hoooooome" as we turn into our neighborhood, and again I am amazed at what he picks up.
9:00am | I check the radar and it does look like there is rain coming. Even if it doesn't hit us, it's dark and dreary out and just not what I was hoping for with a morning at the orchard, so I scrap those plans. We will figure out something else to bide our morning. Carter and I both need some real breakfast, so I make some scrambled eggs while Carter sits on the counter nearby (terrible habit we started) and eats strawberries.
We have a mostly nice breakfast, and I am pleased as punch that Carter again does not fight me sitting in his own chair. More progress! He starts whining for "Quack quack" which is a duck YouTube video he's obsessed with, so I turn it on for him while I finish up some dishes. Whatever gets it done.


9:30am | Jon is up and getting ready (he was out late with a friend, and being the awesome wife I am, I let him sleep in), and Carter is getting really squirrely. I decide to take him out for a little walk, since the rain does appear to be holding off. We wander around our neighborhood walking paths, and Carter points out a rock that weeks ago had water sitting in its crevice is "all gone." Good observation buddy. I follow as he runs about, enjoying the fresh air. We end up back in our house, where Carter pulls out every sand toy he owns and sprawls them about our driveway.
10:30am | Back inside, Carter sees Jon eating a doughnut and proclaims "I wan sum" so the two of them sit down at his little table and eat. This kid is going to be running on sugar today.
Then we decide to head over to the pumpkin patch not far from our house. Carter is interestingly scared at first, but soon falls in the dirt and realizes how fun it is. From there on out, he finds all the dirt he can get his hands on, and loves every minute. He is not very cooperative with photos, but I do manage to get a couple decent ones. We select a few pumpkins, and Carter ends up riding a kiddie JD tractor that we can't pull him off of. Literally. He has such a grip on the wheel that would not give. The owner tells us we can push him to our car in it, explaining other families have had to do the same. Goodness.



12:00pm | Back at home, and I make lunch. For Carter, a corndog, carrots, and some beans. For Jon and me, leftover chili and corn bread muffins. Again, it's a mostly nice meal, thanks to the fact that Carter willingly sits in his own chair again. (Placemat for the win, I think!). Carter insists I butter the breading on his corndog (as he watches us do to our corn muffins). Eww. He smashes most of his beans between his fingers, eats part of one carrot, and inhales the buttered corn breading from his corndog and proclaims "all done." Better than some meals lately.
During lunch we witness Carter counting to 10 all by himself! Just a little encouragement when he reaches 5. Holy crap. I didn't know he could do this! Proud Mama moment, and I almost Instagram it. Decide against it.
12:30pm | Nap time! I bring Carter upstairs, give him his three pacifiers and blanket, and put him in his crib. He rolls around a bit and seems to settle quickly. I have a few chocolates and park myself on the couch with my laptop to start typing up our day. Jon is watching Tiny House Hunters, and interrupts me about 800 times telling me some ridiculous thing from the show. I remind him many times that I am trying to concentrate to get this post going, since it's due tomorrow, but the talking continues. (If you know my husband, this won't surprise you).

After an hour or so, and I am almost caught up to real time, I decide I'd better relax and enjoy some downtime before the rugrat wakes up. A blanket, a few more chocolates, and some dumb TV does the trick. I feel Baby start kicking and moving around, and think to myself, "Oh yeah, I'm pregnant." I forget way more often than I did with the first.
Jon comes up with the brilliant idea that we find a babysitter and go to a movie tonight. He talks to his mom, who happens to be out driving with his dad looking at fall colors and should be back in our area later in the evening. They will let us know if they will make it back in time.
2:45pm | Carter is awake and shouts for me. Jon goes up to get him, as I muster up some energy to get moving again. They come downstairs, and I squeeze him so tight, as we often do post nap. Jon sets Carter up with a snack (yogurt melts) while I decide to dive into a couple of massive bins of toddler clothes a friend gifted us. Holy smokes, I can't believe how awesome it is to inherit more clothes, especially when I had just realized our stock of 2T winter clothes was slim. Then Carter insists I read to him, and I notice Jon is laying on the couch playing on his phone. Hmmm. Rest time is over, Sir. I take a snotty picture at his feet and text it to him. :)

3:30pm | My sister texts to say they are free to Skype now if we want to. Um, YES! I tell Carter we are going to Skype them and he goes nuts and shouts "Baby!" over and over. He sits patiently on my lap while I power up the computer, and grins the second our videos connect. My nephew N greets us with a giant grin. The two boys act silly, mimicking each other, while my sister and I try to catch up. Her youngest, A, decides he's hungry and starts talking up a storm, so much so that we can't even hear each other talk. Once he has a bottle, we are good to go again. Seeing them all (brother-in-law included briefly) makes my day. Those adorable faces!!


4:30pm | Carter needs another "nack" apparently, so he eats some crackers. I catch another glimpse of the stunning trees outside our house and wonder why in the heck we waited 6 years to buy a glass door. The added view makes such a difference in our townhouse.

For the millionth time in our lives, Carter asks, "Mama, cook" which means to carry him (doesn't matter how many times we correct him!) so he can look at the Holiday cards on our door from last year. He points to faces and we have to recite their names. It is the most boring thing ever, but it is helping him learn who people are. I ask him where Olive is and he finds her immediately. Just setting the stage for their future love, you know. :)
Carter is bouncing off the walls (and Jon) so I ask him if he wants to go for a walk. He waves his arms in the air and shouts, "YES" so we do the shoes/jacket/water preparations. Jon chooses to stay back, which annoys me. I know he probably wants to nap, but he says he's going to clean up the kitchen and empty the dishwasher, which lessens my annoyance.
Once outside, we run into our neighbor and her dog, and end up walking with them. She joins us at the park, where a zillion older children are running around playing some sort of sandman tag game. Not ideal for a toddler park, nor the couple of toddlers trying to climb up to slide down. But Carter is thrilled to watch these big kids, so I spend most of the time watching him watch them. Jon calls to tell me his parents will be over at 6pm and our movie night is a go. Yay!

5:30pm | We walk back into the door and our neighbor friend texts that she and her son are going outside to play. Outside again we go, as Carter seemed sad about not seeing "Meh" (not his name, not even close). The boys run to each other with grins, and then subsequently into each others' garages to raid their toys. Too bad for "Meh" that we don't have nearly as many for him to choose from as he does. The boys play while we visit.

Our neighbor brings out her son's plate of food that he had refused to eat, and Carter pulls me to her door telling me he needs "mo' foo." Oops, sorry for holding out on dinner, buddy.
6:00pm | Grandma and Grandpa arrive! Carter races 3 houses down to greet them when they exit their car, and then returns to the neighbors and says, "Bye" all on his own accord. He means serious business with saying "bye." We go inside and I'm thrilled to see Jon DID do the dishes! I scramble to make Carter some dinner before we have to leave. Grilled cheese, strawberries (again) and corn. He inhales it while we say our goodbyes. I snap a quick picture of him (for this post) and my mother-in-law chuckles at me. I briefly explain why I took the photo, but I'm sure she still thinks it's a bit strange! I realize we have like one minute before we need to head out, so I take a quick peek in the mirror and call it good (enough). I'm sure I have stains on my shirt from Carter's grubby hands, and my makeup has worn off, but oh well. Oh how priorities have changed.

And we're off! Impromptu date night. I love it.
I buy a popcorn and eat the entire thing before the previews start. Eh. I hadn't eaten since lunch. We see The Girl on the Train, and it's excellent! I read the book, and was happy with how they interpreted it for film. Jon also loves the movie.

Afterwards, we stop at Applebees for late night happy hour, and happily devour some food. 9:30pm is much too late for this pregnant lady to eat dinner, but it hits the spot.

10:30pm | We are back home and get the lowdown on their evening. We learn that Carter insisted on reading about 15 books before bedtime and that his hearing (ice machine from upstairs) is impressive. Nice. We ask if they are willing to take some furniture back to their house to store it for us, as we are busting out of our seams right now. And trying to clear our third bedroom. They generously agree, so we send Jon's grandma's sewing machine and desk, which had been shoved in the corner of our dining room since we inherited it for lack of a better space. I look forward to the day we have the space that I could set that up and learn how to sew. I now have to worry about Carter messing around with our wine rack, but am so very thrilled to have that big thing out of our small space.
11:00pm | Say goodbye to the in-laws and head upstairs. I notice that my bump is looking insanely huge right now and take a 20-week photo. I'm only half way? Granted a good portion of that was probably the mozzarella sticks and quesadillas I inhaled earlier.

I make the bed, arrange my 3 pillows (one for head, one on each side of me), wash my face, put on nighttime moisturizer, and crawl into bed. One quick check at Carter in the monitor, and I'm out.
The end!
Ok, yours was super fun to read! And exhausting! :)
ReplyDeleteFound you through Susan's blog!
ReplyDeleteI loved reading this...such a precious family :)
*I'm excited to follow along now!
Lisa! I just love these, especially from you dear friend, even if I was annoyed multiple times throughout that we weren't hanging out together when we were seemingly both doing not so much on a Saturday morning/afternoon. ;)
ReplyDeleteSo here is my list of comments in the order in which I took them while reading...
1. I can't believe you waited a full hour before having a cup of coffee! You nutcase! (Or maybe I'm the nutcase in this situation.)
2. Carter is so adorably long and lean in his jammies, all swoony for my godson!
3. Ugh yes, sobbing child while you're in the shower. Check. We are living similar lives my friend in these toddler raising days. This is why I so rarely shave my legs. Blame Olive.
4. 8:00 AM and Jon is still sleeping... WHAT? I hope he let you sleep in on Sunday. (Jon, I know you're reading this.)
5. 9:30 AM wake-up for Dad! I am so jealous. I can't even imagine sleeping that late, or allowing Dan to sleep that late. ;) You ARE the best wife ever.
6. Awwww kicking baby, the best! I keep forgetting you're pregnant too. Still so wild.
7. I loooooove that you texted Jon that picture to tell him to stop being lazy. Hehe. That picture is amazing.
8. Technology is so awesome, so cool that you guys can keep in touch so frequently with your sister and the kids.
9. So cute that Carter recognizes Olive in the Christmas Card. :) I am coveting my hair in that picture. Why did I cut it again? Next time I talk about cutting my hair, show me that picture.
10. LOL at Carter's buddy "Meh"
11. Jealous you saw Girl on the Train! I heard it's somewhat ridiculous, which is how I felt the book was, but I still thoroughly enjoyed reading it so I'm sure I'll love the movie.
12. So much wine for a pregnant woman and a guy who doesn't drink wine. ;)
Hmmm, I was torn about seeing the Girl on the Train movie after reading the book, but I might have to see it. Enjoyed it, but would agree with Alicia about if feeling it was a little ridiculous. Also, feel the same about getting a glass door. I love all the light it lets in (and the cat enjoys it too).
ReplyDelete