Baby #2 | 23 weeks

Yesterday, my OB decided to move up my due date by a week, so I'm suddenly 23 weeks! I will gladly jump ahead. I know it doesn't really matter much, as this girl is going to make her appearance whenever she's ready, despite my weekly countdown. But still. Yay.

Apparently at our U/S she was measuring over 90% which seemed unusually high considering Carter was always consistently in the 70% area. There was initial concern about my glucose, but after discussing dates, my first U/S (where she was measuring ahead a week already), and measuring my bump (a solid 23-24 week size), we figured the dating was probably off.

End of February it is.

When she shows up is up to her.














So let's see. Other Baby #2 updates:
  • She's moving up a storm, and Jon finally felt her kick last night. (Not that we've been trying for him to feel her - it was probably the second time we gave it a go. Second child syndrome). 
  • I gained 3 pounds this last week alone. It could be the bad weather so I'm not getting in my evening walks. Or a growth spurt. Or all the Halloween candy. Nonetheless, my belly is super out there now. 
  • We started cleaning out her room! That was/is the undertaking of the year, given her room had become our storage (dumping) room. But we took some time off work to tackle it last week, and ended up purging so much stuff. In fact, we had to stop because we ran out of room in our garbage/recycling bins and needed to wait until pick-up to continue. We still have a ways to go, but I'm happy with the progress. It was also pretty entertaining finding random little love notes Jon had from his exes long forgotten in his old files.  
  • Next up is to sell the office furniture to empty the room completely and paint! I think we've (I've) decided on a light gray. Carter's is a dark gray, and in a house with the rest being neutral beige, I thought another neutral color was best for future buyers/renters. I'm going to accent with purples (and maybe some yellows that she'll inherit from Carter's room), and already bought her curtains! Ok, that's sounding awfully "Vikings" to me, so I may hold back on some yellow. No offense to the Vikings. 
  • There's been a little discussion on her name. I am 100% set on the name we had picked out if Carter had been a girl, but Jon wants to make sure there isn't anything else he likes better. I questioned how he was prepared to name the baby that name the first time around without reservation (when we didn't know the gender) but now is wondering...he said he knew #1 was a boy so he didn't worry about it. Oh boy. I plan to win this one, if there is a disagreement. So her name is set. :)
  • I've finally gotten used to calling the baby 'she' and 'her.' It still feels so foreign to me that we're expecting a little girl, as I keep picturing another Carter. So wild.
  • Friends of ours loaned us their girl clothing, and my BFF is handing down hers as well, so this baby (and our checking account) is very blessed with a lovely wardrobe. Knowing this, I haven't gone crazy shopping for her yet, but did buy her first onesie (from us). I seriously wandered the racks at Target for a long time undecided as there was just so much cute stuff. And I felt oddly out of place. And stressed. I'm sure I'll get there, as a girl mom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Winter 2015

Tales of a trip to Brazil, Part 1