Annabel - Six months

We are all just loving on this girl so hard. I can't believe she's half way through her first year of life.

Don't let this picture fool you. She can't sit on her own yet. She's lazy, and we keep trying to get her to engage her core and hold herself up. I'm guessing she was on her way to tip over for this photo, as this is what she usually looks like:

Or this:

Overall, Annabel continues to be our happy baby. She wakes up with a smile on her face, and not much gets her down from there. Sure, she gets a bit fussy when she's overtired (because she refuses to nap unless held) or if she's taken away from her mama in the evening. But the majority of the time, she is content. We really lucked out.


Her hair is amazing. It stands straight up all on it's own.

We are going on month 3 of drooling and chewing, and yet I almost always forget to put a bib on her so she ends up soaked. Watching her go nuts chewing on a toy is comical, as she scrunches her nose and smashes the item so far into her face you'd think it hurts. She can get her pacifier in her mouth very easily, which is helpful in the car. The other night I watched her (on her monitor) reach over by her face and feel around until she located her pacifier, and picked it up, popped it in, and fell back asleep. AHmazing.

I think Annabel was starting to feel left out at dinnertime, so we assembled the high chair and got Carter a new toddler booster (which he can easily get in and out of so no longer does he stay put during a meal - sigh). I think she loves it! Granted, evenings are the hardest part of the day, and she'd rather be in my arms, but sitting next to me seems like a winning second best choice. She looks so old!

And why not start eating real food if you're sitting at the table! She has had sweet potato so far, and seemed to like it ok. She gagged a few times but immediately reached for the spoon, so either she liked it or she just wanted to chew on the spoon.

Annabel adores her brother, and we find her more and more laughing and smiling and cooing at him. It's the sweetest thing. However, sometimes he can be a bit much (fingers in her face, crawling on top of her, squeezing just a little too tight) and she wants nothing to do with him.

And because I just cannot get enough pictures of her sleeping... she has started flipping and sleeping on her belly at daycare but remains on her back like this at home. Maybe the sleepsack restricts her ability to flip? I should probably move her up to the next size. She also put herself to sleep for the first time laying in bed, and I just about lost my mind with glee.

We find ourselves constantly ooing and ahing over her, and she's pretty good at reciprocating it. She grabs at our faces and coos and smiles, and you just can't help but feel incredible amounts of love. Ignore my face here - she was pulling my hair. But the two of them are too dang cute in this picture to not share.

A few weeks ago, I left Annabel for two nights to go away with my girlfriends. To say I was anxious is an understatement. I was going to miss her like crazy, and I worried she would feel lost without me. Also, she had made it known the week prior that she did NOT like anyone else to put her to bed, crying hysterically for Jon as I played outside with Carter. So we enlisted the help of a grandma each evening, and they made it through. She didn't take her bottle one night, and was on a hunger strike for like 16 hours. But nighttime aside, she was happy and they had a great weekend. (So did I). I mean, this is what Jon sent me during her hunger strike:

This month Annabel got her first cold. We had a couple of rough nights sleeping in the chair, and a few days of an awful sounding cough, but all in all it was tolerable. I think I felt worse about her being sick than she actually felt. She still does not seem to have the same gag/puke reflex that her brother does. Hallelujah!

She dipped her toes in the pool for the first time! In hindsight I should have just put her in her suit, as the pool is closing soon and the weather is not looking nearly as warm. She loves kicking in the bath, so I suspect she will love the pool once we get her in there.

Another fabulous month with our sweetheart baby.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Fall 2015

Annabel - 18 months