Best. Salad. Ever.

For my birthday dinner this year, I requested that we go to McGovern's, where we had our rehearsal dinner, so that I could get their Strawberry Chicken Salad.  Which, in my opinion, is the best. salad. ever. 

We finally got a chance to go this week, after a super busy couple of weeks.  It's always fun to go back there and remember that wonderful evening we shared with our close family and friends.  I didn't really know what was in store for me that following day, but I knew that no matter what, it was the people in that room with me that night that mattered most.  (I have no pictures that night with family - oops!)

So back to food (of course).  This salad is just so delicious.  The strawberries, the pecans, the bacon, perfectly grilled chicken, the vinagrette dressing...  Every time I inhale this dish like it's going out of style - no joke. 

But, you see, I've learned that this salad is not always on the menu.  Because McGovern's is so close to the Xcel Center, they offer a reduced menu selection during game nights.  We found this out the hard way when we went there one night last year because I REALLY wanted that salad.  To say I was disappointed is an understatement, though they do have plenty of other delicious food so it wasn't the end of the world.

Lesson learned, now I call ahead every time we go and ask if they have a full menu that night.  Does that make me just the most ridiculous person ever?  Maybe.

But doesn't it look so good?  Trust me, it is.  Jon especially likes it when I take pictures of food while we're out.  :) 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Fall 2015

Annabel - 18 months