It finally happened...
Jon beat me at golf! He has probably been waiting for this day
since we met in 2008. Actually, I know
he has.
I knew it would happen someday, just wasn’t
sure when. After all, Jon has been
taking lessons and practicing quite a bit, getting better and better, while I
have done the opposite. So logic would
tell you this was to happen. And
truthfully, I was happy for him that it did!
Admittedly, in the last few years I have taken
pride in the fact that I could beat him, and his buddy, regularly on the golf
course. A woman, beating a man in a sport
= awesome. I’ve always enjoyed the
compliments I have received and happy that all my years of hard work on the
golf course have paid off. Though I have had my share of bad shots, and Jon really good shots, somehow I still always managed
to stay just below his score.
Until last Saturday. It was the most perfect day to golf. We don’t get many sunny, 60+ degree days in
late October around here, so I’m glad we took advantage. There were probably only 4 other people on
the course, so it was quiet and calm and just perfect. We both played incredibly well that day, but
Jon just a tad bit better than me. For most of the round Jon was ahead by a
stroke, but he surprisingly didn’t gloat.
(I bet he was trying to avoid jinxing the situation). Before the last hole, I caught up and promptly announced that
we were even, so clearly I was being a little more competitive than I maybe wanted to
admit. He parred that last hole and my
ball ended up in the murky water.
History was made.
We are now closer to a similar level, which I have
no doubt Jon will surpass in the near future and leave me behind with my
average golf game. But that’s ok with me. Just get me out on the course on a lovely day,
and I’ll be pleased as punch.
Comments
Post a Comment