Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving! On a day where we gather with family, stuff ourselves with delicious food, and then scour the newspaper ads to make a game plan for Christmas shopping, I don't want to forget the real reason for this day. And this year, I have a lot to be thankful for.

First and foremost (this year), I'm thankful for this baby we are expecting. A day doesn't go by that we don't recognize the blessing that it is to become a parent, to bring life into the world, and to be able to grow our family. This child was so prayed and hoped for, and to be thankful that he/she is almost here in the outside world seems like an understatement.
 

I'm also thankful for a healthy pregnancy. Despite a few hiccups (ie placenta previa scare) and some very unpleasant pregnancy "side affects" for lack of a better word, I have no complaints. I am healthy and baby is healthy. Now we look forward to a positive birth experience and holding this child.



My husband is right up there on my thankful list as well. I can't imagine life without him, and am so grateful he winked at me online almost 7 years ago. I so look forward to seeing him become a father, and see how our relationship evolves over time.

Family and friends are definitely on my list. I'm thankful for both my family and my husband's, for their love and support, for their generosity, their sense of humor, their friendship, their time, their interest...  And our friends? They are pretty fabulous, and my life would have a deep void if they were not in it.



A stable job, a house, a car, and life's luxuries...these things do not go unacknowledged either.  I should reflect on my gratitude for them more often than I do.


Yes, I have a lot to be thankful for this year.

Comments

  1. Well said Lisa. Yes we do have a lot to be thankful for and today is a good day to remember that. I am mostly so grateful for my two wonderful daughters and the husbands they have chosen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Fall 2015

Annabel - 18 months