The nursery

The baby's nursery has been a long project, and I'm thrilled that it's just about finished. It used to be our "workout/extra lounge/storage" space, and now, a precious space for our sweet babe.

I didn't have an exact vision for the space, aside from the color scheme and a few furnishings I knew we'd have. If anything, I felt anxiety over how to make this room perfect. After all, I'm no interior decorator, as evident with the rest of our house, and this was the first room that we have painted and made a real transformation with. Throughout this pregnancy, I scoured Pinterest for hours looking for ideas, wandered aisles for decor and inspiration, and stared at the blank walls hoping something would come to me. While I can't say it's perfectly designed, I'm happy with how it turned out. (And frankly, I know that our child will not care one bit about the color, or what is hanging on the walls, or how coordinated it looks). I imagine that the baby's gender will bring in less neutral items with time as well.  Pink frilly things perhaps? Or trucks and transformers? Not to contribute to gender generalities and stereotypes, because I won't care what my child becomes interested in.

With only a matter of days/weeks of meeting our child, I'm relieved it's done and cannot wait to have our baby there. The room is essentially ready, and yet it still all feels surreal.


Notables: Blanket started by Great-Grandma 10+ years before Baby even existed; teddy bear from Grandma Judy and Grandpa Pete's trip out west; awesome rocker/recliner find from Costco.

Notables: Awesome painting from friend Suzi; giant teddy bear from buddy Andrew; banner from my first baby shower; closet full of generous gifts, donations, and sale shopping.


Notables: Baby blocks from Great-Grandma; crib from buddy Andrew; a great start to a book collection; free prints (with post-its to cover baby's name (if boy).

Comments

  1. Awwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!! It looks so lovely my friend. I am so excited. :) The anticipation of a new baby is just so wonderful and exciting and I know you are enjoying these last few days/weeks as you wait. It is such a special time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, it turned out just perfect! Baby is going to love it. I bet you find yourself just sitting in there some days don't you? I know I did that before my boys were boy, just dreaming what it would be like once the baby was in that room. Can't wait to meet your little one. Looking forward to getting that news filled text!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it so much and can't wait to see it in real life and with baby K enjoying it!!! N's going to love going through those bins of toys on the shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so good. Love it!! How exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Winter 2015

Tales of a trip to Brazil, Part 1