30 weeks
29 weeks at my in-laws and 30 weeks at home.
30 weeks down.
A quarter of the way left.
Single digit weeks remaining.
70 days (give or take) to go.
No matter how I put it, I really can't believe it. This pregnancy really is flying by. Where waiting to hit 10 weeks felt incredibly long and torturous, I'm amazed that I'm already at 30.
My almost-3-year-old godson told his mother and me last week, very matter-of-factly, that my baby's name is Sweetie. And that Baby Sweetie and Baby Nubs (his soon-to-be sibling) will play with all their toys, particularly this one toy dog. My heart just about burst from the cuteness, and I'm pretty sure I had a grin on my face the whole night. This kid was already acknowledging my baby in the outside world more than I think I have!
And with that, Baby Sweetie is doing well, and so is Mama (for the most part; feeling sleep deprived already, which is probably nature's way of preparing me for having an infant). The baby's wrinkles are smoothing out as more and more fat is forming, lungs and muscles are continuing to mature, permanent teeth buds are forming, and he/she is estimated to be more than 3 lbs and compared to a large cabbage. My belly has definitely grown over the last two weeks. Let's hope it's growing enough to move that placenta far away from my cervix!
A few days ago I turned thirty-(eeek)four. Birthdays no longer have the same appeal as I get older, but this one felt extra special having this jumping, flipping, kicking, hiccuping baby keeping me company. We both very much enjoyed a free Caribou Caramel Cooler in the morning and a smoothie later in the day, The work day was boring, but my team took me out to lunch which was nice. And that evening we had Bradley class, so I spent my 34th birthday evening watching 6 Brazilian women give birth naturally in the squatting position. Guess there's nothing more fitting than watching births on my own birthday while preparing for my child's birth? It wouldn't be my first choice in spending the day, but alas, real life keeps going even on the anniversary of the day you were born.
At my last appointment, the baby was breech (the stinker) so hopefully that is temporary and this little one turns head down. I already have a huge obstacle of the placenta shifting far enough away to allow for a natural birth...we don't need the baby to then be in breech position! At my last appointment, I also felt the baby's head! My OB pointed it out to me, and when I gently pushed I could feel it just under my skin. Eeeeek. I'm still loving all the movement, even when I'm trying to fall asleep. It's so unbelievable that that is my baby.
Only Single Digits left! I can't believe how fast it is going, so excited to meet Baby Kush and get me some much needed baby snuggles! You look amazing, you have that pregnancy glow that just makes a person smile. So excited for you guys, keep the updates coming (you will love reading them years down the road, I promise)!
ReplyDeleteYou look so cute pregnant. Am so excited to meet my grandchild. You will be an amazing Mom!!
ReplyDelete