Maternity Shoot
A couple weeks ago, my dear friend and photographer-extraordinaire took some maternity photos for us. Up until recently, I hadn't given much thought to having them taken. I had already lined her up to take a few at the hospital of our new family of 3, and was dreaming up ideas for doing a newborn shoot. While I am enjoying this growing baby bump, and having a belly I can be proud of, I had thought my weekly bump photos were enough.
Then I realized that this may be my only pregnancy. If not, it is my first, and in many ways extra special. I also realized I didn't have many of my own photos with Jon and the bump. And the ones of me I do have are all in the same position for comparison's sake. And this is a flipping big moment in our lives, so why not get some beautiful photos to capture it? Mandy was on board, and mere days later we were out taking photos.
I wanted to capture some photos as late as possible when my baby and belly are in it's fullest, craziest glory, but that's the start of winter, and cold, and holiday rush, and I worried we'd never fit it in. So we decided to take some now, when the trees are gorgeous and we can take them outdoors without freezing. If we get an opportunity to take a few more later on, we can. And if not, I don't have to fret about missing out.
I love how they turned out. Mandy did such a great job! Here are a few of my favorites.
31 weeks pregnant.
Then I realized that this may be my only pregnancy. If not, it is my first, and in many ways extra special. I also realized I didn't have many of my own photos with Jon and the bump. And the ones of me I do have are all in the same position for comparison's sake. And this is a flipping big moment in our lives, so why not get some beautiful photos to capture it? Mandy was on board, and mere days later we were out taking photos.
I wanted to capture some photos as late as possible when my baby and belly are in it's fullest, craziest glory, but that's the start of winter, and cold, and holiday rush, and I worried we'd never fit it in. So we decided to take some now, when the trees are gorgeous and we can take them outdoors without freezing. If we get an opportunity to take a few more later on, we can. And if not, I don't have to fret about missing out.
I love how they turned out. Mandy did such a great job! Here are a few of my favorites.
31 weeks pregnant.









Beautiful! Certainly something I regret... Not taking more tummy pics... I'm so glad you did it.
ReplyDeleteI am happy you love them! And if we get an early snowfall in December I will be rushing to your house so we can snap a few with the freshly fallen snow (we will just do them fast so you and baby don't freeze)! I love that black and white one, nice edit!!
ReplyDelete