The photos that went nowhere, 2nd Edition

Doing my "Photo a Day" challenge this year, I've realized that there are many days where I have multiple photos but can obviously only choose one to represent the day. The others sit on my phone until I run out of space, and then I save them to my computer.  Occasionally they make it to my Instagram, but otherwise go unnoticed.

Thus, it's about time for another edition of The photos that went nowhere.

First I am going to start with a video, not a photo.  It makes me laugh every single time I watch it.  My nephew's giggle, Jon's weird antics, my sister's reactions...I love this family.

A dear friend from college got married up on Madeline Island a few weeks ago.  I caught this sunset just in the nick of time!
IMG_7441

And this is one efficient way to get out of your car on a crowded ferry.  Somehow I managed to squeeze my giant belly out the actual car door, which was miraculous. (and funny that I thought my belly then was giant, now 5 weeks later).
IMG_7453

Here is Alicia and I taking a selfie after one of our Monday workout dates, probably nearing the end of our Zumba era.  If we take a photo, we usually take at least 7, and without fail I am always stationary with my usual smile in every one while Alicia tries out a variety of poses.  She's adorable.
IMG_6193

Jon is often amazed at the things that I don't know, and yes, there is a lot of pop culture and common phrases/sayings that I seemed to have missed over the years (living under a rock apparently).  My friends can attest to this. But come on, I know who the Beatles are, Jonathan.
IMG_5650

I was VERY proud of the tomatoes growing on my new plant.  (Never mind that since then I have forgotten to water it regularly and it's pretty much dead...but it's end of season anyways, right?)
IMG_6809

He's going to be a good dad.
IMG_6709

This is by far one of my favorite desserts of recent years.  Shockingly, there is not one ounce of chocolate in it.  I could eat a whole pan, and my mother-in-law always sends home a couple extra pieces for me.  She's great.  (For many other reasons than just giving me extra dessert, but that wins her extra points). 
IMG_5622

My last time out on the golf course before the belly started getting in the way.  Summer, where did you go? 
IMG_6935

Snuggling my aunt's dog at my cousin's bridal shower, trying to hide my bloated pregnancy belly when the news wasn't out yet.  Thank goodness the host immediately added, "The punch is non-alcoholic" when offering me a drink upon arrival, making my secret easier to keep.
IMG_5674

A night out with the girls is always a blast. And funny. (You might say weird based on this photo, and that's probably true too).  These two were reenacting some weird student ID photo, I think. I wasn't around in those college years, but wish I had been with all the funny stories they have from then.
IMG_6322

This photo is blurry, and really an outtake, but shows off how adorable this kid is, and how I love the relationship I have with him.
IMG_5713

Picking paint colors is daunting.  I hated it.  I picked up these swatches weeks before we bought paint, and every time I looked at them my mind spun with confusion.  Dark or light gray?  I don't know!  It turned out we decided to paint on a particular Sunday, so that Saturday we went to the store and literally just picked out a color.  No second guessing, no hemming and hawing.  It was actually liberating to make a decision be that simple!  And I have to say, our instincts were good, as the walls turned out how I had envisioned all along.
IMG_6912

Looking back at all my photos on my phone, it seems that I often take photos of my nephew while we Skype. I mean, can you really blame me?  Look at that precious face, which until recently didn't quite know how to react to the silly people on the computer screen.  Now I can usually squeeze out several smiles from him - it helps that I look a lot like his mama.  The last time we Skyped he showed off his almost-crawling skills by inching his way to me, but then didn't really know what to do next.  It's almost as good as being there in person.  Gosh, how he has changed!

I just loved Mandy's enthusiasm and excitement for Girls Weekend this past summer.  Enough to screengrab it for later reference.  :)
IMG_7119

Here's the family Skyping with my sister and nephew while up at my uncle's lake place.  No wonder the kid looks confused, with all of us hovering and talking at once.  
IMG_7033

Let's do some yoga! I'm loving it, but it is tough. Try holding your arms straight out and bouncing them for 4 minutes without dropping them. We are learning to breath through the pain, like a contraction. I argue that my mind knows I can simply put my arms down and take away the pain, so really it's more like torture than a contraction I can't do anything about. But I have to tell you, focusing on each breath really does help.  Bring it on, childbirth.
IMG_7354

Fishing with my first godson.  The dog went bonkers every time we caught something.  My godson handled all the fish and worm touching for me, bless his heart. This lady doesn't touch that stuff.
IMG_7020

These two can talk for hours.  It's nice (for my mother and me) they have each other.  :)
IMG_6991

Comments

  1. I love this post! I take so many pictures of everyday life and then they go no where! I might have to do some posts like this, to show the little things that make each day amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Winter 2015

Tales of a trip to Brazil, Part 1