32 weeks


31 weeks at Battle Creek for our maternity shoot and 32 weeks at home.

Holy smokes, did my belly grow massively over one week, or is it my clothing/posture in my photos? I certainly am feeling massive.

Baby is probably almost 4 lbs and 17-18 inches long now - like a large jicama. (Won't lie, had no idea what that was and had to Google it). He/she is plumping up daily and has all five functioning senses (among a whole other slew of speedy brain development). My stomach, and every other organ, is mashed up under my lungs, which is pleasant. 

Baby had flipped back to head-down at my 31 week appointment (hooray) and seems to like to curl up on my right side. That side of my uterus must be extra cushiony. A week ago the baby situated itself on a nerve or ligament that caused me extreme pain for most of the day. I laid down on my right side and gravity encouraged baby to move a bit, and fortunately there has been no pain since. Lately, this baby has been trying to escape through my belly button. No joke. The pressure is unreal as he/she rolls around, pressing and flexing on perhaps the most sensitive spot of my belly.

I'm also starting to feel the pressure of the clock ticking away at warped speed. We could be meeting our baby (realistically) as soon as 6 weeks from now. I'm so excited, and yet feeling anxious and nervous. Am I ready? How and when will this all go down? Will I get to the hospital on time? Will I get to try for the delivery I hope for? Will Kate get to be there as my nurse? What else do I need to prepare for prior to baby's arrival? Will we get to proceed with our usual Christmas plans? Loads of questions run through my mind daily and keep me up at night...most of which I can't answer. That's the only tough part for a planner like me. Otherwise I really am enjoying the whole experience and anticipation of meeting our child!

What else is going on? We are blessed to have several people throwing us baby showers. My BFF Alicia is hosting a group of my friends, Jon's aunt is hosting his family, and my work is having a potluck (and inviting the entire company). I am truly humbled, and honored. Jon and I can't be more thrilled about celebrating this little boy or girl, and knowing that so many other people want to join in on the festivities is amazing.

We have one more Bradley class! Overall I'm happy we took this course and feel like we are being well prepared for anything to happen. One of our classmates delivered her little girl two weeks ago, so she came to visit and share her delivery story. Jon and I both agreed that seeing her with her little peanut made this feel all the more real.

So soon!

Comments

  1. EEEEK, can't believe how close you are getting now! So excited for you guys! Also, the change from 31 to 32 weeks is awesome, that baby must have had a growth spurt! Can't wait to see you this weekend and help in the showering you with gifts ;) I will of course have my camera with so you can just sit back and enjoy your day (and now that I know how to upload them to Flickr you will have them that night so Jon can see all the fun too)!! Enjoy these last couple weeks as they will go by so fast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day in the Life - Spring 2015

Day in the Life - Winter 2015

Tales of a trip to Brazil, Part 1