Thankful, Day 13
Today I'm thankful for my golf buddies.
I met these 4 ladies a week before my freshman year at Luther. We were fortunate to get to move in early each year, before the masses arrived to the dorms, as our golf season often started before classes did.
We had an instant bond, and they became my dear friends for life.
We spent every afternoon together at practice, or at the gym in the winters, dinners in the caf, and weekend at tournaments. We were quite inseparable, though we did still each have our own other circles we mixed with. We all lived together our senior year in a campus townhouse, which by far brings my most favorite memories.
These ladies know me better than most. We have laughed until we cried, cried until we laughed, cheered each other on (on and off the golf course), and I think they'd agree we made our college experience pretty incredible for each other. I'm fortunate that all but one now live in the metro, and the other is not terribly far away. Though we are all each busy with our own families, work, etc, we do still find time to get together and keep in touch.
Most recently we went back to Luther for our 10-year reunion, and it felt so incredible to be back there with these ladies I love. It feels like just yesterday and yet a million years ago. How grateful I am that I chose Luther, chose to play golf, and met these women.
Excuse the poor picture quality...we didn't have digital back then, so this is a picture of the picture in my scrapbook. :)
I met these 4 ladies a week before my freshman year at Luther. We were fortunate to get to move in early each year, before the masses arrived to the dorms, as our golf season often started before classes did.
We had an instant bond, and they became my dear friends for life.
We spent every afternoon together at practice, or at the gym in the winters, dinners in the caf, and weekend at tournaments. We were quite inseparable, though we did still each have our own other circles we mixed with. We all lived together our senior year in a campus townhouse, which by far brings my most favorite memories.
These ladies know me better than most. We have laughed until we cried, cried until we laughed, cheered each other on (on and off the golf course), and I think they'd agree we made our college experience pretty incredible for each other. I'm fortunate that all but one now live in the metro, and the other is not terribly far away. Though we are all each busy with our own families, work, etc, we do still find time to get together and keep in touch.
Most recently we went back to Luther for our 10-year reunion, and it felt so incredible to be back there with these ladies I love. It feels like just yesterday and yet a million years ago. How grateful I am that I chose Luther, chose to play golf, and met these women.
Comments
Post a Comment