Thankful, Day 23
Today I am thankful for my parents.
They are truly fabulous and I'm proud to call them mine. We spent the day with them, as we had plans on that side of the town at night. It was nice. We had a delicious lunch (or dinner as Grandma would say), we played Mexican Train dominoes (Jon beat us all, no surprise), watched a little football (boys), watched a Hallmark holiday movie (girls), talked and laughed, and went through several rounds of Words with Friends games on our electronic devices (while sitting next to each other).
It was a low-key day, and yet such a great one. My parents are so darn cute and sweet. And funny. I am reminded all the time of how blessed I am to have the family I do.
They are truly fabulous and I'm proud to call them mine. We spent the day with them, as we had plans on that side of the town at night. It was nice. We had a delicious lunch (or dinner as Grandma would say), we played Mexican Train dominoes (Jon beat us all, no surprise), watched a little football (boys), watched a Hallmark holiday movie (girls), talked and laughed, and went through several rounds of Words with Friends games on our electronic devices (while sitting next to each other).
It was a low-key day, and yet such a great one. My parents are so darn cute and sweet. And funny. I am reminded all the time of how blessed I am to have the family I do.

Love this. My dad was sitting at our house last night just hanging out and chatting and it hit me how lucky I am to have my parents in my life and to live so close to them that I can see them all the time. I know so many who have already lost their parents so I really cherish all those moments that we get to spend together! Parents at the best!
ReplyDeleteReading your blog brought me to tears. Happy tears. We are the lucky ones to have two such wonderful daughters and son in laws. We love spending the day with you. Am getting used to losing to Jon playing Mexican train. Thanks sweetie. Love you.
ReplyDelete