Thankful, Day 27
Today I'm thankful for the Red Cross.
After a few missed calls from them last week, I was reminded that they are always in need of blood, especially after the recent tragic events in the Philippines. I didn't need to be that once-a-year donator when they come to my office. So I searched for a blood mobile in my area and signed up for an appointment today.
This time I was better prepared and had hydrated myself really well before hand, since my last donation was a bit challenging as I was dehydrated a bit. And low and behold, I was in and out within 15 minutes. Didn't hurt one bit.
In hindsight I shouldn't have chosen to go grocery shopping immediately afterwards, but I did manage to grab the essentials for tomorrow before getting home and crashing on the couch a bit light-headed.
I am proud that I gave back today, and hopefully helped a few people. I hope this becomes more of a routine for me, as it is the least I can do.
After a few missed calls from them last week, I was reminded that they are always in need of blood, especially after the recent tragic events in the Philippines. I didn't need to be that once-a-year donator when they come to my office. So I searched for a blood mobile in my area and signed up for an appointment today.
This time I was better prepared and had hydrated myself really well before hand, since my last donation was a bit challenging as I was dehydrated a bit. And low and behold, I was in and out within 15 minutes. Didn't hurt one bit.
In hindsight I shouldn't have chosen to go grocery shopping immediately afterwards, but I did manage to grab the essentials for tomorrow before getting home and crashing on the couch a bit light-headed.
I am proud that I gave back today, and hopefully helped a few people. I hope this becomes more of a routine for me, as it is the least I can do.

I have never donated blood and would like to but I get light headed quite easily and my anxiety spikes when I even think about donating blood so I don't know if it will happen anytime soon. Way to go for you for donating, great way to help others in need.
ReplyDeleteVery proud of you!
ReplyDelete